PDA

View Full Version : Tanking 2 tokens to spend, but on what gear for a warrior tank

Stonetouch
09-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Hi,

Would anyone care to give an informed opinion or advice upon how\should I spend my two Protector's Mark's of Sanctification, given my currently equipped gear?

No item of the set stands out as a must have...

Stonetouch Armory Link (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dreadmaul&cn=Stonetouch)

Thank you very much for your time.

Raysere
09-09-2010, 05:19 AM
Helm and shoulders for 2 set.

Loganisis
09-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Ah, you see I'd suggest saving them for Chest/Hands so you can switch to the 4pc when needed (251 chest/hands < 264 emblem, but 264 chest/hands swappable for 264 emblem for burst damage situations).

Upgrading the chest/hands represents a bigger gain, even if you don't use them much than the heads/shoulders.

Of course, this is long-term thinking with an eye on eventually running ICC25Hs. If that's not likely, if you're going to stay with 25N, then head/shoulders would be fine.

Loganisis
09-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Your gemming/enchanting is not good.

Replace ALL of your +10 Parry + 10 Defense gems. Parry is the least effective survival stat and you're at 586 defense, you only really need 536 with the PvP shoulder enchants (+sta +res).

Use a +Dodge/+Sta in your helm to activate it, then unless you're getting a +12 bonus per hybrid gem, gem pure stamina.

Shoulders should be +Sta/+Res enchant (The resiliance will help to make you un-crittable until 4.0 drops)

Back +225 armor

Chest +275 Health

Hands +Sta (2% threat isn't doing anything and the parry is so small it's virtually irrelevent)

Shield +Sta

Wep - If you have to have threat, accuracy, otherwise Blood Draining is better.

Trinkets - CSK + Glyph of Idom > Corpse Tongue + The Black Heart (keep TBH, it's useful for high magic damage fights)

You saved up for Boots of Kingly Upheaval, save up for the primordials for Pillars of Might, then you should have the other mats (You're a miner) advertise a 50g time and someone will craft them for you.

How's your threat, becasue you really shouldn't need the expertise.

Your spec... Take the 2 points out of Cruelty and put them in to Sword and Board, you'll get 3x the procs that way and SS is your highest threat ability, it will far outweigh the 2% crit you get from 2/5 Cruelty.

You shouldn't have rage issues, the 2/3 in puncture isn't doing you much, those points probably better in Improved Disciplines.

With your spec, and your wep, and the fact you aren't running 25H, you shouldn't have a threat problem when actively tanking. If you do, it's most likely rotation based or rogues/hunters not doing their part with tricks/MD.

Also, even though it's an iLvl downgrade, the 251 Helm/Shoulders > 264 drop Helm/Shoulders when you factor in the damage buff for more threat (you really don't lose much survivability that way, and you'll see an increase in survivability re-gemming stamina from where you are anyway).