PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Looking to see if I'm ready for ICC

Lindrel
09-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I've spent the last week or so gearing up and hoping to see if I can do ICC 10 to start out w/ and I'm just wondering if I'm set, I've been getting mixed reviews from my guild, so I thought I would come here.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&cn=Lindrel

I have the glyph of SoV so I am expertise capped, but I am wondering what other advice I could take to make sure I'm ready to jump into ICC

Bovinity
09-08-2010, 08:50 AM
You have plenty enough gear to do ICC right now, but there are a lot of improvements you can make.

Shoulders: Just get the PvP stamina enchant. Good stuff.
Cloak: No enchant! Eek.
Wrists: +40 sta enchant. Try to get the ToC 25 245 bracers crafted if you can cheaply.
Hands: Armsman enchant kinda sucks, really.
Feet: There's some nice 232 boots that seem to always drop in H FoS. See if you can grab those.
Trinkets: What is with that pocketwatch? =D Try to farm for the Black Heart from ToC 5 or get the Glyph from triumph badges. Or just get both.
Weapon: No enchant! Eek!

Seems fine for ICC, though. Those are just some (mostly) minor improvements that could be made if people are giving you a hard time about your gear. =)

Bashal
09-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Considering the 30% buff in ICC:

You could manage the first wing of ICC 10. You'd have trouble getting into a pug with that gear, though.

There are some crafted items that you could get, like the 245 bracers, and you really need some better tanking trinkets. Farm up The Black Heart from toc5 normal. Get the Corroded Skeleton Key and/or Glyph of Indomitability. Indom and TBH would be easiest to get.

You could also farm for Splintered Door of the Citadel from HoR normal, but that might give you or someone else a nervous breakdown if it doesn't drop quickly.

Get armor enchant on cloak and +240 armor to gloves.

Unless it's different for prot paladins, +275 health to chest beats +10 all stats.

Level up your mining for the stam bonus.

Level up your enchanting to get the +stam to rings enchants.

There's probably more you could do, but those are the quick and (relatively) easy changes you could make to be less squishy in ICC.

Bashal
09-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Wrists: +40 sta enchant. Try to get the ToC 25 245 bracers crafted if you can cheaply.

Weapon: No enchant! Eek!

Thanks, I missed those when I was responding. :)

Lindrel
09-08-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm not finding the +240 armor to gloves, although if I find it, I'll add it, and I'm farming ToC 5 constantly this afternoon since that trinket is a nice upgrade

Bashal
09-08-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm not finding the +240 armor to gloves

It's actually a leatherworking recipie that was brought out in Burning Crusade. Find a leatherworker that was around in BC and he'll probably be able to make it for you. It's called Glove Reinforcements (http://www.wowhead.com/item=34207).

Theotherone
09-08-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm not finding the +240 armor to gloves, although if I find it, I'll add it, and I'm farming ToC 5 constantly this afternoon since that trinket is a nice upgrade

I use the Leather Stam, but here's the armor one http://www.wowhead.com/spell=44770