PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Gear Check Please!

Vigilant
09-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Hey all,

I just wanted to get a professional check on my current gearing (gems, enchants, etc.) and some advice on where to go next.

I have followed the gem and enchant guide from maintankadin, which lists me as being a "level 3" tank, and gives advice to gem +def / stam in a yellow if the bonus is +6 or greater, and +agi / stam in a red if the bonus is +6 or greater. Their advice is to start stacking +30 stam only once you start acquiring ICC gear. So that's my disclaimer on that!

(cf. http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=21&t=23475&rb_v=viewtopic)

I plan to get the boots from HFoS and the necklace from HHoR, throw blood draining on my weapon, and level my professions. Other than that, is there anything you would advise?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&cn=Vigilant

Harmacy
09-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Gemming to socket bonuses is a good idea for a starting tank. You're not a starting tank - in fact, you've farmed most of the stuff from 5-mans and badges. I have to disagree with Digren's guide, go for pure stam. Grab Glyph of Indomitability when you get enough badges, it's a very nice trinket.

Also, professions! Those bonuses are very good, and if you get a decent moneymaker like JC or Alchemy then it's actually a nice source of income. Alchemy, for me, paid itself off within weeks just by doing xmutes every day.

Otherwise looking good. Personally I wouldn't waste the gold on Blood Draining on your current weapon (likely to be replaced in ICC 10), I'd just grab +26 agility or a Weapon Chain.

Loganisis
09-03-2010, 11:03 AM
He's a pally, Mongoose is probably better with it's higher up time.

And trade trimuphs down to conquest for the 226 conquest tanking neck (I think it's conquest).

Other than that, maybe the only thing is Tusker's for feet (15 stam, minor run increase) can be fairly useful. I've started using it and am growing on it.

Quinafoi
09-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Other than that, maybe the only thing is Tusker's for feet (15 stam, minor run increase) can be fairly useful. I've started using it and am growing on it.
Tuskar's isn't needed for a Paladin speced into Pursuit of Justice as the talent will overpower it. For a paladin they would be better to get flat stamina enchant on boots that he is currently using.

Vigilant
09-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the responses. I went ahead and got the Conquerer's Emblem neck... I had been holding out hoping to get the marginally better one from H Hor, but it doesn't seem to want to drop and I'm sick of that place. I'm also spending my playing time today leveling mining, and hope to have most of the mats to level blacksmithing by the time I'm done. Once that is done, am I ICC10 ready? I'd really like to get in there and get some of that gear that I've been craving before the time comes that people stop running it.

Thanks again.