PDA

View Full Version : Warrior possible prot warrior macro?

uglie
09-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Currently my warrior is only lvl 50 at the time of this writing and i was thinking about when I hit 80. My question is if http://www.wowhead.com/item=43424 was used, would it make macroing heroic strike to revenge viable?
Sorry for the noob question.

Scyla
09-02-2010, 04:18 AM
You can macro them together with this macro:

#showtooltip Revenge
/cast Revenge
/cast !Heroic Strike

I had this macro back at the start of WotLK when I used the glyph. Now I use a different set of glyphs for 5 man tanking as well as raid tanking.

In general the free Heroic Strikes will vanish in the HS-spam during tanking but if you want to be sure not to waste it or if you are often in situations were you're rage starved (which is mostly a problem of excessive HS/Cleave spam and inappropriate gear choices) the macro can help.

Quinafoi
09-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Something to keep in mind is you can only have one "on next attack" ability toggled at a time. So if you are in an AoE type situation using this macro would use Heroic Strike even if you would prefer to use Cleave. Any time you are considering macroing Heroic Strike to an ability you need to make considerations for how you will handle Cleave as well because the macro itself, at least in that form, gives you no control over whether you would toggle Cleave.

This is more a matter of technique. Some would recommend simply not macroing Heroic Strike and instead consciencely making the decision whether to use Heroic Strike, Cleave, or neither. Others may use modifiers to control whether they do their AoE or single target rotation. Others may actually swap their action bar entirely if they are in AoE mode.

Keep in mind just because it is free doesn't mean you still may not prefer to use Cleave (provided sufficient rage and tanking multiple mobs).

mistrale
09-02-2010, 07:21 PM
personally i wouldnt tie HS to such talents. can consider binding it to mouse wheel. gives you more flexibility.

drae
09-02-2010, 07:52 PM
I bind mine to the back and forward browsing buttons on my mouse.

Also the glyph on makes the heroic strike cost no rage. What it doesn't say is you still lose the rage you would've generated had the attack been a white swing.