PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Looking for Gear Advice - Protection Warrior

Mnn
08-28-2010, 09:55 PM
I was hoping someone could help me with what gear to go after next? This is my current character:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arathor&cn=Sa%C3%AAlia

I also have the Pillars of Might crafted but have been unable to equip them as I drop far below Defense Cap. Any help is appreciated!

Fledern
08-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Non-raiding upgrades: The offset 245 pieces have stronger stats than the 232 tier pieces. I'm especially talking about the head. Same goes for the chest, the crafted one is better. The tier bonus isnt that great that you'd want to stick to it at the cost of stats.

To equip pillars, you might want to change the enchants on your chest & shield. Those 2 enchants should get you at the def cap almost perfectly. The defense enchants are good replacements, dont worry about losing the tiny bit of hp, the pillars will cover you well.

Neck can be improved by the 226 conquest badge neck or the neck from heroic HoR. Really minor upgrades though and i'm sure you're on the lookout for the neck from Marrowgarr.

Tier10 upgrades: You've reached a point where you should be planning on how to get your t10 2pc setbonus. Normally i would say head+shoulders but that's a very nice shoulderpiece you're wearing. So i'm going to suggest the T10 head + T10 hands. The pillars are just too good to replace with the tier piece and the offset cataclysm chestguard is also just too good (plus the tier chest has no defense, something you're very uncomfortable with atm)

PS: Get rid of that shoulder enchant as soon as you can. The PVP enchant (30 stam + 15 resilience) is better. Run through tankpoints or rawr to see if that 15 resi will keep you critcapped, if it does, switch immediately, otherwise switch as soon as you can afford the defrating loss. Update: napkin math says +15 resi should cover the crit immunity from +15 def loss. Go for it.

Vong
08-29-2010, 03:11 AM
Also getting that shoulder enchant with 15 resilience you only need 536 defthen for cap so you might only need to change one of those suggested enchants to deff. You wil want 2 piece set bonus asap as in icc with dps getting buff your threat will improve slightly. Good luck.

Mnn
08-29-2010, 06:31 AM
Thanks a lot to both of you! I'll start working on those enchants and the 245 pieces as soon as I can!