PDA

View Full Version : DPS Intercept Fury good or bad?

spikess
08-28-2010, 07:42 AM
At the start of a fight is it bad to Intercept in and start the rotation? I heard something about it can off set the swing timers if you Intercept at the start vs attacking from melee range is

Deathsupply
08-28-2010, 03:01 PM
I have not had any issues with intercept messing with anything, that I know of. I use it all the time at the start of boss encounters, but just don't use it after you pop recklessness...

Also, take into consideration whether you can use intercept to increase your dps time on a given boss. if yes, then save it for that moment. Same thing applies to the stun mechanic as well. For example, during The Lich King encounter, I alawys save both intercept and heroic fury for valkyries.

Destruyen
08-28-2010, 04:58 PM
focus intercept and focus charge will mess up your auto attacks but that's pretty much for pvp only since there isn't anything in pve that you need to focus charge and focus intercept.

Khilbron
08-28-2010, 06:05 PM
As fury I prefer not to intercept to start the fight, because it costs rage, I like to have as much rage as I can going into combat so i can get my rotation started asap, as opposed to waiting for a white swing.

Fledern
08-28-2010, 10:35 PM
As fury I prefer not to intercept to start the fight, because it costs rage, I like to have as much rage as I can going into combat so i can get my rotation started asap, as opposed to waiting for a white swing.

This. But as long as you're not intercepting PAST the tank at the start, you can go about as you wish. Still i'd say it's a bad idea. Tanks are not always hit/expertise capped and their initial swing can very well miss while yours doesnt = you pull aggro & die.

So....intercept is situational

arboarth
08-29-2010, 08:56 AM
As a warrior tank, I would rather have you run in behind me rather than taking the chance of you zipping out in front of everyone and getting one shotted and using up a battle rez. I've seen it happen way too often that the Fury warrior pops intercept gets wacked by the boss and the healers who are watching my moves are not in range to try and save them.

How much DPS are we talking here? Will it really make that big a difference?