PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Looking for advice, and I came here for the best...DK Tank Halp!

Jol
08-27-2010, 06:26 AM
So, I have really been doing all that I can to make my guild proud. We are currently working on perfecting 25 and 10 man Lich King kill. Also, since some have downed him we are also moving on ICC heroic modes. I have followed the DK forums pretty well, and feel that I have gemming and enchants right. What I would like to ask is, I am currently using Satrina's Impeding Scarab and Corroded Skeleton Key as my trinkets. I do have Corpse Tongue Coin in my bags from normal 25 man ICC. Should I use that instead of Satrina's Impeding Scarab? Most everyone in my guild says that I should keep the Stam buff, and that the Corpse Tongue Coin is crap. Halp, I need advice!

Here is my armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tanaris&cn=N%C3%AFghtmare

Squirrelnut
08-27-2010, 09:23 AM
I have always felt Corpse Tongue was meh at best, I have the 277 variation and still use the 245 ToC trink > it. I prefer health over avoidance 99% of the time. The armor proc is fairly nice but then I am biased against procs so I still prefer constant health. To each their own.

timtim89
08-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Depends on if your taking alot of damage when you are tanking or not, if your taking more than average id put on the other trinket and see if it makes a huge difference or not and if not its always good to go with the health :cool:

TheYanger
08-27-2010, 11:37 AM
The scarab is much better.

Theotherone
08-27-2010, 11:40 AM
I use it on my Pally. The general feeling on here (there's a whole thread on this subject) is that it's a poor trinket for ICC ; but, I like the proc; personal choice until I get the Unidentifiable Organ for that slot.

Okay, now we wait for the "OMFG you noooobbbbbs who use that fail trinket...."

Ion
08-27-2010, 12:18 PM
I have it, but I prefer to use the badge armor trinket (whose name eludes me at the moment), since the Unidentifiable Organ doesn't actually exist and apparently I'm the only person who's ever tanked ToC25 who never got a Juggernaut's Vitality (since, obviously, alliance don't count as people).

I'd definitely use the Scarab and CSK (since they're both nice minor cooldowns too, in addition to being stam trinkets) over even heroic CTC...avoidance is just meh in ICC. Too bad, too...the proc is interesting.

Theotherone
08-27-2010, 12:49 PM
since the Unidentifiable Organ doesn't actually exist a

It does, but it only drops for Alliance Death Knights.

latormenta
08-28-2010, 06:13 AM
I use Satrina's and CSK and i have glyph of indominability in my bag for physical heavy fights. But even then i havent use the GoI that much at all. I have always been told that the icc trinket is crap, and that it is a gear score trinket and nothing more.

Akeber
08-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Most everyone in my guild says that I should keep the Stam buff, and that the Corpse Tongue Coin is crap. Halp, I need advice!

Congrats, your guildies already know what mostly everyone here is going to tell you, so you don't have to waste time/energy explaining to them why avoidance is vastly inferior to EH in 99.9% of boss encounters in WoTLK. Drop that corpse tongue coin in your bank and leave it there.

Deathsvalor
08-31-2010, 02:47 PM
In situations where you need high EH, you want to use the stam trink. In situations where tank damage is trivial, you still want to use the stam trink because self healing is OP in those situations and your healing scales with stam.