PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury gear where to go next

Vong
08-26-2010, 05:16 AM
Hey TS.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alonsus&cn=Vong

ok so this is me. It is my offspec I admit and know I need some work to bring it on. I've got enough badges now for another purchase and wondered where to spend em. I've managed to acquire some nice drops that our mains didn't want and I don't need any badge loot for my tank spec.
I'm pulling 10-11k on trash and 7-8k on static bosses in icc. But feel my dam is not where it could be. So was wondering what to buy next. I'm not an expert on the fury side by far and as we don't currently have a main fury warrior in our guild thought I'd ask here.
Feel free to point out any and all mistakes I'm asking for advice on gear but any help
will be gratefully received.

Cheers.

Vong.

Kazeyonoma
08-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Moved to HALP!

Ion
08-26-2010, 11:49 AM
You seem to have some kind of unnatural attraction to haste. It's not a great stat...try to replace it with crit or arp (since you're under the cap).

Both of your trinkets are mediocre at best...the AP-use hit trinket is better than the haste one. The Flexweave Underlay is better than the haste enchant to your cloak. The nitro boosts are better than icewalker to your boots. The AP gem is poop and you're not getting any socket bonuses with your blue gems (boots and legs both look like targets for that). The nightmare tear is > all other blue gems, and you're probably better off using the Relentless earthstorm diamond meta and that than the CSD and 2 blues.

Your chest, ring (251 one), neck, and legs are all more ret pieces than warrior pieces. The crafted legs are an enormous upgrade, as is the badge chest (though 4t10 is very good so you might want to consider that too, if you intend to be fury more).

You've got a good bit of extra hit (you only really need 164), but it's probably not entirely wasted since you're probably not spamming HS 100% of the time in your gear anyway...still, the badge leather belt would probably be a nice upgrade and ditch some of that excess hit. Obviously there's not much you can do about your expertise situation w/2 ramaladni's, but if you could shuffle that around a bit it'd be good too...not a big deal though.

Basically, assuming you are doing your rotation properly (which isn't hard, just try not to miss Slam! procs and keep your abilities on CD), you're doing it right, just need a few upgrades here and there.

After changing enchants it's hard to say what the single biggest upgrade would be...probably the crafted legs (which you can just buy, so they make a nice first step) and grabbing the Mark of Supremacy wouldn't hurt and is probably a trivial change too. Badge purchases...probably the belt, chest and cloak in that order. In terms of loot to look for, trinket replacements (WFS and DBW in particular) and ring upgrades are probably your biggest priorities...arp/str/crit being your tippity top stats.

Try loading up in Landsoul's spreadsheet and fiddling around with things.

Vong
08-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Ok that's a lot to get me started on thanks. Yeah I know some of the pieces are totally warrior but it was either offspec for my or smash em up for an abyss sooooooooo I had em.
Just looked atthe crafted legs and wow mahooosive upgrade for me and a big step toward the arp hard cap. Will change my gems round as suggested and re enchant the other pieces I have both an enchanter and a jc so easy job really.
Rotation I got from here and I use a slam proc addon so I don't miss any. You mentioned exp though. I thought I was capped at 28? Am i wrong here with those numbers?
You mentioned belt. I've seen a lot of warriors with a leather one. Is this the one u mean to get? Noose.
Thansk for looking and sujestions big help.

Vong

Destruyen
08-26-2010, 05:19 PM
26 expertise is the cap, not 28.

and yes the vengeful noose from frost badges is awesome for fury warriors.

Ion
08-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Ok that's a lot to get me started on thanks. Yeah I know some of the pieces are totally warrior but it was either offspec for my or smash em up for an abyss sooooooooo I had em.
Just looked atthe crafted legs and wow mahooosive upgrade for me and a big step toward the arp hard cap. Will change my gems round as suggested and re enchant the other pieces I have both an enchanter and a jc so easy job really.

The enchants I mentioned were engineering tinkers...Flexweave Underlay and Nitro Boosts.

Rotation I got from here and I use a slam proc addon so I don't miss any. You mentioned exp though. I thought I was capped at 28? Am i wrong here with those numbers?
You mentioned belt. I've seen a lot of warriors with a leather one. Is this the one u mean to get? Noose.
Thansk for looking and sujestions big help.

Vong

As Destruyen mentioned, 26 is the cap for expertise, but given your gear there's not much you can do about being a little over it. It's not a big deal, really...but if you could replace one of the expertise pieces you have with something else and get the rest you'll need somewhere else you'd see some gains from dropping some wasted stats.

And yeah Vengeful Noose is a very nice belt for fury. The badge chest I mentioned is: Castle Breaker's Battleplate. Mark of Supremacy is from triumph badges, if you need expertise Might of the Ocean Serpent is good, but in general Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Cape is better...just to link off to everything I was talking about.

Vong
08-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Thanks. Yeah I did get that they are engineer buffs. I'm dosed up on the beechums so knew what u ment even if my typing didn't. Yeah not raiding tonite so will do all you suggested or as much as I can do with the badges and gold I have.

Vong

Vong
08-29-2010, 03:04 AM
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alonsus&cn=Vong

ok so I've made some of the suggested changes. Seems my arp has shot up I'm at 1200 ish now but my str seems wimpishly low :-( I know I will gain some with drops but keeping changing my gear as suggested (vengeful noose) I will lose even more but gain agi. How low is too low str wise?
I'm farming toc norm for trink and have organised a togc raid tonite if we enough on as there's another trink in there I want. Otherwise think I'm on track. Not raided yet as dps with new gear but in heroics I'm doing 40%+ of the group dam so very happy with that with little or no buffs.

Vong.

Edit.
Think I logged in my tank spec try this link. :-)

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=EU&server=Alonsus&name=Vong

gd_void
08-29-2010, 09:02 AM
In my honest opinion I would say you are pushing the Too low boundary right now, as a rule of thumb i always give out the advice of don't go below 5K AP Self buffed (I.E. With Battle shout) So..

With out Commanding presence bs is 548 AP so 5000-548=4452
W/ Commanding Presence bs is 685AP so 5000-685=4315

All the ArP in the world is meaningless if you don't still hit hard once the armor is gone.

You are in that Odd Place right now where gemming for ArP is a Personal Choice, I decided not to gem ArP till i could get 90%+ basicly i stayed with Str gems and the NES till I Got my DBW, Having said that, your Crit is Also Very low right now The best way i can see to fix this problem is #1 get the Agility Frost badge cloak, #2 get Either Precious's Putrid Collar (http://www.wowhead.com/item=50852) or Rimetooth (http://www.wowhead.com/item=51779)Pendant or possibly Wodin's Lucky Necklace (http://www.wowhead.com/item=50452)assuming you have the Cash laying around to buy it. in a perfect world you want 1400 ArP, 50% Crit and 6K+ self buffed AP. (http://www.wowhead.com/item=50452)

Once you start to get up into the 94% ArP Range(the level where if you drink an ArP Elixir and eat ArP food you will hard cap) you will want to start to to Switch some of your ArP gems in Yellow Sockets to STR/Crit Gems, as a means to get Socket bonus's, Don't forget that a Socket bonus that requires a Blue Socket Is always a dps loss.