PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Halion 10 man

esimed
08-25-2010, 08:49 PM
In Phase 2-3 when kiting halion from the twilight cutter, would it be easier to kite Halion around the outside of the fire ring, and follow the orbs?

Skaggi
08-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Absolutely not. If you would do that two things would've happen. First you would've have to move a lot faster because of the larger circle and second where would you drop your debuffs?

Cheers!
Skaggi

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

MellvarTank
08-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Skaggi is all over this one.

It comes down to a lot of math about circles and distance. In the most basic way possible, the shorter the radius, the faster you move along the diameter. It's too early to explain it the hard way.

Also, the dropping of the 'void zone' is an important factor.

Pöny
08-26-2010, 09:05 AM
In Phase 2-3 when kiting halion from the twilight cutter, would it be easier to kite Halion around the outside of the fire ring, and follow the orbs?

Although this is a viable strategy and have seen it done this way, it just makes everyone work a bit harder. Everyone in the shadow realm would need to be on their toes. And then we come to what the others have said above me in this post, "Void Zones" it is not impposable to drop the voids where needed, but causes a chaotic "Oh goodness ok here no here..." Then people get sucked in and get decapitated.

Best way I have seen it is to have one of the Shadow Pulsars just off the tanks left shoulder while tanking Halion in the middle and rotate to Halion right with everyone else on Halion's left side. (or Vise Versa) I believe there is a post with great pictures with the positioning.

However, use what ever strat works for your group. There is always more than one way of doing things. Good Luck :)

esimed
09-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Thank you all for your posts, it looked easier in the video. But in reality it wasn't I need more aware DPS. AHH!

Quinafoi
09-09-2010, 02:17 PM
This is a viable method but only on normal mode difficulty. On hard mode kiting along the outside isn't feasible.

As for where do you drop the debuffs. On normal mode, towards the tail end of the dragon. You have half a circle so just drop it behind the kiting. The tank just like kiting in the middle should try to be close to the beam in front of them.