PDA

View Full Version : Priest Priest specs in ICC Hardmodes (25)

Epira
08-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Helloo. My guild is now getting into Hardmode 25 mans. My main question is, Disc or Holy? What is more valuable, the mitigation from disc or the throughput holy gives? I am raid healing all the time whether I am disc or holy, so what is more effective?

I am 11/12 Heroic ICC 10 man
and 4/12 Heroic ICC 25 man as of now.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&cn=Xiantra

Our healing make up is usually 2 resto shamans, a resto druid, 2 holy paladins and myself (with a disc priest who may be leaving so i'd be the only healing priest)

Thanks

Harmacy
08-20-2010, 03:43 PM
As always, the proper answer is "whichever you find more fun".

If you have no preference at all, well I would recommend having at least one Disc Priest for any progression raid, just because of all the damage you can mitigate with bubbles. If you choose to stay Holy however, that's perfectly fine - just be prepared to go Disc offspec for LK.

Epira
08-20-2010, 05:12 PM
I find both fun, I think that's the problem. I do find disc more fun than holy sometimes and vice versa.

Thank you

I also have another question now that I think of it. I have 2 gear pieces that would increase my haste to around 1k. Should I use those even though I'll sacrifice some SP?

Harmacy
08-20-2010, 06:10 PM
For Disc, no. It would take a lot of haste to drop a single point of spellpower for Disc.

For Holy, maybe. That's only 15 haste away, depends on how much spellpower you would lose. Either way that's a tiny gear shuffle.

edit: What do you have banked for an offhand and MH? Because if you have a pair that has more SP than your current staff, you can swap weapon setups between Disc and Holy. Gem the staff with haste, and then use that for Holy, then go with the max SP 1h + oh for Disc.

Little things like that help to min/max ^^

Epira
08-20-2010, 08:03 PM
I have the lord marrowgar 25 dagger and midnight sun heroic and the lady deathwhisper 10 offhand. also I have the haste and crit offhand (232) from FoS or something.

so i should go for the 1000 haste?

Harmacy
08-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Haste is good, spellpower is good. I don't know the exact numbers so I can't say for sure, there is no exact stat weighing for Holy anyways. It's largely judgement calls.

And I'm in the same boat for offhands :-( Don't want to roll on a new one against somebody who needs it, can't use a 1h without a good oh to go with it, stupid Princes one never drops.