PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Expertise capped, but still being Dodged/Parried?

Skoorb
08-20-2010, 10:29 AM
First off, here's a link to my armory for my DK Tank.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Skullcrusher&cn=Skuerb

I am expertise capped and have a good amount of hit to go with it. During my last raid on Tuesday I was noticing that I was still being Parried and Dodged occassionally. At the time of the raid I did not have the "Abomination's Blood Ring" equipped, I was using "Juggernaut Band" so my hit was a little lower but did not affect my Expertise.

Is there a reason as to why, with 26 Expertise I'm still getting Dodged & Parried occasionally? I might have missed it, but is the Expertise cap for tanks higher than 26 (6.50%)?

Loganisis
08-20-2010, 10:33 AM
You shouldn't be getting dodged at 26 Exp, but you can still be parried. 26 is the 'soft' cap. It removes dodge from the hit table. But Parry is 14%, or 56 expertise (the true hard cap).

Bashal
08-20-2010, 10:40 AM
26 is the 'soft' cap. It removes dodge from the hit table. But Parry is 14%, or 56 expertise (the true hard cap).

And in case the OP was going to ask: no, nobody tries to get 56 expertise. ;)

Pöny
08-20-2010, 10:41 AM
6.5% is only the soft cap of 26 Expertise.

14% is the Hard cap of 56 Expertise.

HA! You Beat me to the Point Bashal. And provided more information :)

And correct No one tries to get the 56 Hard Cap

Loganisis
08-20-2010, 10:46 AM
And in case the OP was going to ask: no, nobody tries to get 56 expertise. ;)

Well, if you roll off-spec in ICC10 you might just hit it... :O (I think I was as high as 53! with off-spec only rolls and piecemeal drops from before - except I was using 2 axes as a human, so no hard capping... it was kinda funny not really caring where I stood...)

Skoorb
08-20-2010, 10:58 AM
I have a few OS 264 pieces from Heroic ICC10 that have Expertise. Ok that explains it. Thinking back they were only parries, so that makes sense. Thanks!

Booi
08-20-2010, 03:09 PM
At the risk of pushing this towards a gear discussion - people shouldn't be afraid to knock off a few 277s when they need expertise. Don't forget about ToGC Bracers/Cloak, the expertise is there if you want it for XYZ gearset.

http://chardev.org/?profile=444931
(Hit capped with draenei)