PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury Warrior not getting it done.

Frerin_the_Dwarf
08-19-2010, 08:39 AM
Ok so I have been working on this warrior for quite a while now. There aren't a whole bunch of good warriors on my server to talk to, well that aren't jerks. I was up until this guild switch tanking ICC and feel I have a pretty good grasp on that. However now I have been moved into the role of DPS'n and I am somewhat lost. I use Landsoul's Spreadsheet, don't fully understand it. So basically I am looking for some constructive criticism on my gear, my rotation, my spec. I simply don't want to be known as a mediocre warrior in my guild, I want to be better than the other warriors there and that will be coming. I make sure to maintain great raid awareness and I beat out other classes on interrupts and what not. So here are my armory links, my parses from last night...I also have Oxheart from 10 man ICC if it is recommended to replace Bryntroll.

WOL Parse
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q0metaecdxze6pdr/

WMO Parse
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/1854560

Armory Link
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Grizzly+Hills&n=Frerin

WoW-Heroes
http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php

Thanks in advance for any help...and please lets keep it constructive, I posted here over the wow forums in the hope that I won't have to deal with trolls.

Bashal
08-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks in advance for any help...and please lets keep it constructive, I posted here over the wow forums in the hope that I won't have to deal with trolls.

We don't troll.

Not a huge expert on warriors, though. Someone will respond in a bit though, I'm sure. You provided all the info anyone could ask for. :)

Harmacy
08-19-2010, 09:49 AM
YOU'RE A HUGE NU... oh, wait it's TankSpot. Yeah, we don't troll.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?66250-How-to-Use-Landsouls-spreadsheet <--- if that helps you at all, sorry I don't really have more to offer

gabbu
08-19-2010, 09:57 AM
The first thing which will boost your DPS the most is to soft cap arp. Soft capping arp means when the NES trinket proc you will be sitting at 100% arp for the proc duration. If you combine that proc duration with Deathwish you can squeeze more out of it.

To softcap arp regem all the strength gems to 20 ArP gems till you get to 53% arp on character sheet.

DO this and tell us how the results went.

Also try to farm banner of victory from TOC 5 man normal to replace Mirror of Truth

If you can upgrade you MH weapon to shadow's edge it will be great.

Since you are doing ICC I recommend taking heroic fury and put speed enchant on boots. ICC is very movement heavy and run speed on boots and heroic fury will help you reach your target faster.

Also I dont see a blue gem in your gear, so your meta is not active. Use nightmare tear to activate it.

Try to take gear with arpen and crit on it. Haste is a pretty meh stat for fury and for hi we just need 164 with 3/3 precision.

EDIT: the log you posted have BQL/Sindra and Dreamwalker fight on it, these fights are not ideal to judge your combat skill usage. If you have a log for festergut or deathbringer saurfang that would be ideal to analyse.

Loganisis
08-19-2010, 10:18 AM
http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?57781-Wotlk-Fury-Warrior-Guide

Fury's output is directly tied to the discipline of your rotation. It's that straightforward. The more disciplined you are, the higher the output. Look at the rotations in the guide above to find out more on that part.

Gear:

Oxheart every day of the week over Bryntroll. Regular Blade of Culling over Bryntroll (Landsoul confirms this).

Banner of Victory (ToC5 N Farmable) actually looks to be an upgrade over NES.

The Str cloak is actually > Agility cloak in this case.

I'd recommend grinding gold for the crafted 264 Boots and Legs.

Emblems

Castle Breaker's Chestguard is probably going to be the highest DPS return Frost Emblem piece next.

The leather ArP belt is greater than the plate Str belt.

Gatecrasher's Guantlets are the off-set 4pc (gloves) sub heroics and then there's another set of gloves (leather I think) for heroic BiS. But this means the head, shoulders are typically your 2pc Tier10 bonus and chest/legs are the 4pc.

Check Landsouls, the 245 triumph ranged wep is probably better becasue of the ArP on it.

You'll also want to check Landsoul's, after Castle Breakers, leg/foot upgrades and Oxheart over Bryntoll, you're probably looking at getting to the point you can re-gem ArP and hit 1300ish and eat the food for ArP.

Get that last point of Exp.

Is your Meta activated? Typically it's done with a Nightmare's Tear (+10 stats) in a blue socket (either B or RB until you are at 1400 passive ArP and can throw a +str/+crit or +hit in a yellow if you need it then a BY or RBY too) with the highest Str/Crit bonus.

I'm still learning to understand logs, but it doesn't look like you're heroic striking enough. I looked at the BQL fight (less movementish) and HS seemed pretty low on the list. How's your rage?

You also had one of the lowest time on targets of the melee, which could be because of bad luck with pacts and shadow pooping... but you also only used 1 intercept on all your attempts. That's a great way to cover ground.

Others better than I will have to do more to help analyze your logs.

Ion
08-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Aye, putting a Nightmare Tear in your chest to activate your meta, gemming your ring (I assume you just got it) are both good ideas...I am less convinced that gemming arp to the NES softcap is worth doing, however...if you want to give it a go and see if it helps, go ahead. I'd be curious to see if it actually helped you.

Other than that you just need new gear...you can get either the crafted 264 boots or if you're poor you could try to get the HHoR boots, obviously getting 4 piece t10 would be a huge upgrade too (generally fury gets everything but the gloves), but that's a lot of badges away. Equally obviously some trinket upgrades would be nice, at the very least I'd switch out the Mirror for the farmable Banner of Victory.

Honestly it's hard to tell from the parse you posted if you're doing it wrong...those aren't really indicative fights.

Since others mentioned it: Landsoul's Spreadsheet

Bashal
08-19-2010, 10:50 AM
...I am less convinced that gemming arp to the NES softcap is worth doing, however...if you want to give it a go and see if it helps, go ahead. I'd be curious to see if it actually helped you.

I think, going off some half-remembered threads, people found it was generally better to just passively build up to the soft-cap (or get just shy of it and use some ArPen food, or maybe 1 or 2 gems, or an ArPen elixir maybe) and sticking to mostly str and str/crit gems.

In part I think this is because NES doesn't really proc much. It's a chance to proc off crits only, and I have heard much moaning about its terribad uptime. Which would make gemming ArPen a DPS loss, I think.

Oh, what do I know.... someone tell me if I'm full of it.

Frerin_the_Dwarf
08-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Ok...Wow thanks for the help, As far as the meta didn't know it was not active, and as far as the ring should I go with a str/crit or just gem a red in it. Can definitely go after Banner. I also have been wondering about that Oxheart, taking Oxheart will throw me over Expertise cap being a dwarf...I will end up something like 32-33 MH expertise. I can probably go after the boots I have the Frost on other toons to get the primordials, but been wondering if it was worth going after the primordials for those or after shadow's edge. Because I run both 10 and 25 mans with this guild. I have also plugged the ArPen gems into Landsoul's spread sheet with just NES and the way I sit now, and I actually lose dps, I gain a little bit for like the first couple gems, then it just starts plummeting down. Ok so as far as I am sitting now, would be the best spent frost for my next piece? probably getting out of the chest or legs?

Ok after changing that ranged to the triumph, and equipping my Oxheart, I am at 43 expertise mh and 39 expertise offhand

Ok as of 4:33 pm Est I got Banner of Victory and now with NES procs I am reaching 96.7% ArPen...Have switched up to using Oxheart in the MH and Ramaladni in OH. Activated meta and will be gemming ring and will see how things go.

Loganisis
08-20-2010, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about too much expertise, it's not desriable, but it's coming with upgrades (at least abased on current gear according to Landsouls).

As for the primordials, they're getting cheap enough that you could farm the gold to buy them without much trouble. The 23ish dailies in Ice Crown will net you ~300 g or more a day from drops and rewards. And in some crafting/gathering sales in the AH, and 5 days you'll havethe primordials you need no sweat, especially if you buy in trade chat rather than the AH.

Frerin_the_Dwarf
08-27-2010, 04:09 PM
Ok so I have gotten the 264 crafted boots,picked up the trinket, got lucky and picked up Cryptmaker. Started gemming some ArPen, and been using ArPen food, I am up to about 74% now buffed in raid situation and notice a huge difference when my NES procs. Normally I see HS going off for about 7-8k, but when I go over the 100% ArP i see em going for like 11k. I still havent geared straight arpen bc I am scared to invest that kind of money in gems and it backfire on me. Landsouls still nets me a dps loss when I replace str gems with arp gems. I dont know if I am putting too much stake into the spreadsheet. I am still coming in at the bottom of the dps charts in our 25mans. It worries me bc we are working on LK now as a guild and I dont want to get dropped behind when we start working on HMs.

DPS Parse from first wing, I screwed up and had tanking range equipped, my equipment manager got jacked up sometime recently.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/1860825
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j97zemf429ojdt11/

Thegreatme
08-27-2010, 05:53 PM
[21:27:37.143] Frerin's Slam! fades
[21:27:37.230] Frerin Slam Blood-Queen Lana'thel 3944
[21:27:40.846] http://www.worldoflogs.com/media/images/icons/transparant.png Frerin Slam Blood-Queen Lana'thel *8715*
[21:27:47.672] http://www.worldoflogs.com/media/images/icons/transparant.png Frerin Slam Blood-Queen Lana'thel *7831*
[21:27:57.634] http://www.worldoflogs.com/media/images/icons/transparant.png Frerin gains Slam! from http://www.worldoflogs.com/media/images/icons/transparant.png Frerin

there's your problem.

you are slamming with out Slam! procs, and your slam usage in general could be much better. You used 72% of the Slam! procs you gained.

gd_void
08-28-2010, 04:26 AM
Ok so I have gotten the 264 crafted boots,picked up the trinket, got lucky and picked up Cryptmaker. Started gemming some ArPen, and been using ArPen food, I am up to about 74% now buffed in raid situation and notice a huge difference when my NES procs. Normally I see HS going off for about 7-8k, but when I go over the 100% ArP i see em going for like 11k. I still havent geared straight arpen bc I am scared to invest that kind of money in gems and it backfire on me. Landsouls still nets me a dps loss when I replace str gems with arp gems. I dont know if I am putting too much stake into the spreadsheet. I am still coming in at the bottom of the dps charts in our 25mans.

The one place i've found Landsouls to not be Godly is ArP Hard cap, I think it doesn't take into Consideration the Horrible Uptime on the ArP trinkets so it makes it look like gemming for STR is better, If you Gem All your +str gems to +ArP you can hard Cap Which will be a huge dps boost. Having said that if you decide to follow that path, you Have got to replace your NES with just about any other dps trinket, even that the mirror would be an upgrade.

My suggestions as to what your next Frost badge upgrade should be is with out a doubt your t10 Helm and Shoulders, The 2p bonus is Huge.

Fledern
08-28-2010, 11:26 PM
I suggest using rawr to initially play around with to see what numbers you get - it's faster than landsouls. And use landsouls to really finetune stuff.

You're now pretty close to the ArP hardcap - at a point where NES starts becoming a bad trinket. You might want to check out where you land if you gem for arp.

Also, since you have the cryptmaker, Shadow's Edge + Cryptmaker make one of the best weapon combos possible. Since you said you had an abundance of expertise gear, you should be able to play around to hit 26 expertise.

Looking at your latest saurfang logs:
I see you're running with 2 pala tanks and you're the sole warrior. Where's the sunder armor debuff? Put it up & keep it up. You have enough empty time in the fury rotation to keep sunders up easily.

Your melee attacks register blocks. You should check your positioning, bosses should never be able to block you if you're standing behind them.

Overall, your dps rampup looks slow - it takes you a good 30 secs to reach max potential. I cant figure out why from the logs but i'm going to hazard a guess that it's from bad rage management. Thegreatme's fury video guide has good tips on how to manage rage, take a look at it.