PDA

View Full Version : Druid ICC10 Resto Druid Raid Healing - on the right track?

Rakaneth
08-18-2010, 10:08 AM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thorium+Brotherhood&cn=Rakaneth

I just want to make sure I am on the right track, gearwise and statwise. I'm not having any specific problems other than the following:

*My max mana seems a little low.
*My healing power in tree also seems a bit low. (2700 healing or thereabouts)

I also have an aversion to cloth - is this bad?

Any help is appreciated.

Aurlana
08-18-2010, 11:45 AM
I would say you look like you're on the right track.

Your mana does seem a little low, as does your spirit. I would say that your PvP gear is to partially to blame for this. Take your neck for example. +38 Int, then compare it to the Evoker's Charm (Emblem of Conquest neck) which has +43 Int, ilvl 245 compared to ilvl 226. PvP gear is really not itemized towards PvE content. Take another example in your wrists, and compare them to Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers (cloth, craftables). +38 int to +58 int, same item level. I never gem +int on my resto druid as your gear should supply enough. If you find you're having mana issues in combat, make sure you sure your innervate proactively (at around 50-60% mana) and try to look for gear with +spirit.

Also, since you're a JC, you can have three Dragon's Eye gems in our gear, you're missing one ;)

Your haste is under the soft-cap of 735 (with WoA totem and Improved Moonkin Aura/Swift Retribution Aura) for your current spec, but as you're focusing towards 10 mans this may be less important to you than if you were looking at 25 mans.

I don't believe your +spellpower looks overly low for starting out in ICC 10 (bring some flasks with you! :D). Grabbing a craftable or two might improve that. Blessed Cenarion Boots are rather nice, and with Primordial Saronite prices what they are (at least on my server) shouldn't be to expensive to have made.

Rakaneth
08-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks for your response.

Also, in play, I don't feel like anything is really wrong. I don't run out of mana save when I'm GCD-locked for long periods of time; it's just that other casters I see (and even other druids) have 3-4K more mana than I do.

Aurlana
08-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I suspect that's just a gear difference. My resto druid has close to 7k more mana than yours, but if you don't feel like anything is wrong with your mana pool during combat, that is what counts :) Don't fix something that isn't broken.

If you're sitting on some Frost Emblems I would suggest picking up Vestments of Spruce and Fur or Circle of Ossus (yes, it's cloth, but better itemized than Belt of Petrified Ivy).