PDA

View Full Version : DPS arms warrior

Tula
08-17-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm sorry guys... I'm asking for a general look-over. I'm an english speaker who is on a latin server because some friends introduced me over there. They are very very good and give me advice, but it gets garbled as it gets translated and I always seem to be missing some detail.

I'm a new 80, and when I turned 80 my dps went south. I've tried re-gemming for hit, then tried AP, but without satisfactory results. I've downloaded the spreadsheet you guys have talked about, but I'm on a mac and I lose all the macros, so I'm looking for some help until I can resolve that issue.

I seem to be at cap for everything, and over. I pretty much bought all my stuff in the auction house and have lots of gold, but I hate re-gemming everything just to try something out.
Here's my link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ragnaros&cn=Owasso

My friends are telling me I should be a fury warrior, so I dual specced for it. However, the minute I put on an off-hand 2-handed weapon, my damage numbers turn red.

Also, I have to sadly admit, I think my responses are a bit slow, so I'm having trouble using slam.

I know I should work on armor penetration, but won't this mess up any PVP I might want to do? Like I said, I'm new, and I don't know what I'll end up doing. I will never be able to be in a guild and do the big dungeons because I don't speak spanish and that makes me kind of a pain.

Any help would be appreciated.

-suz

Grannos
08-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Take a look just a few post above your. You will find an answer to all your questions. Here to help, i will even give you the links.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?59664-The-Complete-Arms-Warrior-Guide

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?57781-Wotlk-Fury-Warrior-Guide

Those are both threads you need to read, and if you still have questions, ask again, but take the time to read those first.

Tula
08-17-2010, 01:30 PM
I did read those, and have made plans to make some changes immediately, but the jist of it kind of means un-gemming things and starting over. I tried that, with the armor penetration and my dps worsened. I repecced at the same time. I'm afraid to change too much at one time and thought it might be easier to prioritize based on you guys' suggestions. Also, I get confused at the acronyms of things....sometimes I don't know what things mean when you shorthand them.

example:

You just used Mortal Strike, there’s no SD proc active, you have a TfB proc coming soon, and you have high rage.
You have high rage, and XT-002 is using Tantrum.

I mean...???????

Also, since I have no program to use to figure out gems and enchants, the only info the links give me is:

"The bottom line is that you’ll either use a tool to pick your stats, or you’ll have enough theorycrafting knowledge and experience to make decisions on your own. In most cases, the best route is going to be a tool." 

and believe me, I don't have the theorycrafting knowledge.

I'm kind of trying to make a master plan of things. Like I'm thinking I should get rid of Quel d'ar or get a new one and use it as offhand for the fury spec. Those kinds of things aren't answered in the guide.

I think it says to not trust the training dummies, but I'm afraid to go into a dungeon without proving myself first on the dummies. When I respecced the last time, one guy wanted to kick me out for "not trying to kill". I was embarrassed.

I think sometimes long-time players forget how confusing this can be to new people. It's such a balancing act, and there's so much math, and new people aren't even familiar with all the equipment possibilities, gem names, enchants, etc. It's a mountain of information that all needs to be addressed at the same time. And speaking for myself, I'm just trying not to get lost in the dungeons as I try to find better gear. I never did dungeons until I hit 80.... so there's all the group etiquette and fighting things to learn there, too. I can't even figure out if it's a gear or technique problem I have. I suspect I just suck at being a warrior. I usually have a 2500 to 3000 dps in a dungeon according to the little program--and hit above 5000 often, and come out one or two above the healer. My gear score is about 5000, but it was bought, not really earned.

-suz

Tula
08-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the help, guys. It took me 4 months of reading and getting up enough guts to actually ask for help. I guess I must have it all right then?

Kazeyonoma
08-19-2010, 02:26 PM
in your above scenarios you should've been slamming whenever you don't have an active proc/cd up. it's just that.

Tula
08-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Thankyou! I'll try to get my timing better, I guess.......

Thank you for responding....

-suz