PDA

View Full Version : Warrior fury warrior needs help badly

blackhana
08-17-2010, 08:19 AM
I just switched from arms to fury and trying to figure out what I am supposed to do to dps. In Icc 10 man I pull about 5700 and I don't know if this is what I am supposed to be pulling or is it too low. I do think it is low and also I am not sure about rotation. I do whirlwind, bt, slam when it procs, and heroic strike or cleave and the boss at 20% I do execute. I also pop beserking rage, recklessness and demorilizing shout. Here is my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodhoof&cn=Blackhana . Thank you for helping me out.

Bashal
08-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Looking at your gear, you still have a lot of 232's and 245's. At a guess I'd say 5700 sounds about right. But, there's a spreadsheet (Landsoul's?) that you may find helpful.

praetoria
08-17-2010, 08:36 AM
I just switched from arms to fury and trying to figure out what I am supposed to do to dps. In Icc 10 man I pull about 5700 and I don't know if this is what I am supposed to be pulling or is it too low. I do think it is low and also I am not sure about rotation. I do whirlwind, bt, slam when it procs, and heroic strike or cleave and the boss at 20% I do execute. I also pop beserking rage, recklessness and demorilizing shout. Here is my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodhoof&cn=Blackhana . Thank you for helping me out.

from what i can see, your doing very well for the gear you have. You might want to lay off demorilizing shout as specially if theres another warrior in ur raid and he/she is tanking. But other then that it looks and sounds like your in good shape

MellvarTank
08-17-2010, 09:24 AM
y if theres another warrior in ur raid and he/she is tanking.

Unless said warrior is spec'd into improved Demo shout, then the DPS warrior should be keeping it up. You are also way over hit cap. 3/3 precision = 3% hit which means you only need 5% from gear.

Attack power gem = ABSOLUTELY NO.

I would drop 2 points in deflection for 2 points in charge. I'd also drop the bloodthirst glyph for heroic strike.

I wouldn't go for a socket bonus unless it is 6 strength or more... but that is arguable. The Vengeful Noose is a better belt for fury and the Agi rep ring is also better for fury. You need an ArP trinket, big time.

Why do you have 2 purple gems?

Berserking on both weapons, not just one.

That's all I noticed for now.

Ion
08-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Relentless Earthsiege Diamond instead of your meta, drop both of the stam/arp gems (the nightmare tear will be enough to get your meta active), since you're not going to hit the arp cap you should probably ditch the arp gems entirely and top off your expertise and then gem for strength (or str/crit (you certainly don't need to be gemming for hit) if there's a strength socket bonus you can get with a yellow socket).

Drop the glyph of BT and get Glyph of Heroic Strike instead, too.

Destruyen
08-19-2010, 07:41 PM
I am not sure about rotation. I do whirlwind, bt, slam when it procs, and heroic strike or cleave and the boss at 20% I do execute. I also pop beserking rage, recklessness and demorilizing shout.

under 20% only execute when you have empty spots in the rotation. the typical rotation looks like:

bt -> ww -> 1 second pause (slam if proc otherwise execute) -> bt -> one open global (slam if proc otherwise refresh a shout/sunder if you have to/or execute) -> 1 second pause (slam if proc otherwise execute) -> bt -> ww

or for simplicity while learning:

bt - ww - open - bt - open - open where open should be a slam if you have a proc or refresh a sunder if no warrior tanks or execute under 20% if the first to aren't needed.

if you have to sunder then at the start of the fight stack 5 sunders off the bat (best raid dps increase to get those up asap even though it lowers your personal dps) and then pop serker rage and start your rotation. popping serker rage early means you can pop it multiple times in a fight, in some fights up to 3 times depending on raid dps (putricide a few months back i could pop it 4 times in a fight). recklessness is kind of blah imo since it takes a global to use and only makes your next 3 specials crit. so, the best time to pop it would be that 2nd open global before you reset the rotation (where bt and ww are back to back) so you can crit bt, ww and a heroic strike. again, for a 5 minute ability it is very lackluster but still a dps increase if you use it right.

drop about 60 hit rating, basically just replace your belt with the frost badge leather belt, it's pretty much best in slot until heroic 25 dreamwalker (reg 25 dreamwalker belt is a very small amount better than the leather belt that it's basically a tie to me imo). t9 helm and t9 shoulders for 4pc cause it's that good and run heroic forge for the arp trinket to replace banner (save banner of victory though for when you get a dbw).

you have a purple gem in your bs glove socket which is a no no. always put a red gem in those, i prefer to put my jewelcrafting gems in my bs glove and bracer sockets and in my belt buckle. it makes it very easy to swap in pieces of gear and not get that pesky error that says you can't equip that item cause it would put you at 4 jc gems equipped. which leads to my next point, mine the mats you will need to level jewelcrafting and then drop mining and power level jc. even for tanks it's dead even between the stam from mining and jc. but, jc and bs gives you the best flexibility for a warrior since it's the best professions for dps and pvp, and just as good for tanks as bs/mining is.

boot enchant should be either cat's swiftness (run speed/agi) or icewalker. i prefer run speed enchants since most fights in this xpac have some sort of movement in every fight except for a handful where you can stand still the entire time (saurfang, xt, and kologarn are the ones that come to mind). i used to use icewalker when i needed the hit as arms but fury hit cap being so low you shouldn't have to bother with it. i have 1 str/hit gem in my fury gear and i'm sitting right at 164 so that 2 extra hit from the boot enchant would be wasted so i use the run speed (using cryptmaker and the rep ring).