PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Paladin tank looking for tips on gear

Diion
08-16-2010, 07:54 AM
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Diion

Hello I am a paladin human tank, this is just an alt but I would like to make sure I am doing it right, I undrstand I dont have all enchants, and I am a pure Stam hore for gems and my dodge trinket is lame (trying to get stam ToC 25)

Thank you Diion

Mythrantis
08-16-2010, 08:06 AM
What your doing is fine mate

Davih
08-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Theres no point going for the 4 set until its all 277. you wont even need the 4set for most fights.
get tier helm + shoulders, cataclysmic chestguard and gauntlets of the kraken and pillars of might.
If u dont think your gonna get totc25 trinket soon then get glyp[h of indom to replace CTC.
other than that enchants need used (which u know) and gems are fine, thought personally i put 10 agi 15 stam or 10 def 15 stam into bonuses that give 9 stam with only 1 non-blue socket.
Spec isnt the best either, take all 5 points out of divinity and 1/2 points out of spiritual attunement and 5 out of benediction.
put 3 in heart of the crusader, 2 in vindiction, 1 in seal of command, 2 in pursuit of justice, and 3 in crusade
Glyph of consecrate needs changed with glyph of vengeance and on taunt sensitive fights glyph of righteous defense will be better than glyph of judgement.

Diion
08-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Theres no point going for the 4 set until its all 277. you wont even need the 4set for most fights.
get tier helm + shoulders, cataclysmic chestguard and gauntlets of the kraken and pillars of might.
If u dont think your gonna get totc25 trinket soon then get glyp[h of indom to replace CTC.
other than that enchants need used (which u know) and gems are fine, thought personally i put 10 agi 15 stam or 10 def 15 stam into bonuses that give 9 stam with only 1 non-blue socket.
Spec isnt the best either, take all 5 points out of divinity and 1/2 points out of spiritual attunement and 5 out of benediction.
put 3 in heart of the crusader, 2 in vindiction, 1 in seal of command, 2 in pursuit of justice, and 3 in crusade
Glyph of consecrate needs changed with glyph of vengeance and on taunt sensitive fights glyph of righteous defense will be better than glyph of judgement.

Thank you, but just thinking why do I pick up Seal of Command if I am using Vengeance and glyphing for Vengeance

Lumines
08-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Because it's excellent for use in trash, heroics, and add pick-up fights.

The fact that you had the Glyph of Consecration shows that you're not doing the 969 rotation on single targets. You should probably read up on that.

Harmacy
08-16-2010, 07:15 PM
"Pure stam whore" is not a good place to be - you need the armor to back it up. Glyph of Indomitability, GOGO!

And your spec is still messed up, 3 points from the crit talent should be put into Crusade - 1% crit cannot compare to 1% total damage, and of course it goes up to 2% total damage the vast majority of the time. And yes, the Consecrate glyph screws up the rotation bigtime, you should be using 96969 for a rotation.

Three 9-second abilities (Holy Shield, Consecrate, Judgement) and two 6-second abilities (Hammer of the Righteous and Shield of Righteousness), weave them together, and you get 96969.