PDA

View Full Version : This Week in Warcraft (Episode 2)

Ciderhelm
08-16-2010, 04:26 AM
BtDeOaihHIk

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=14340386888&sid=1 eSports news
http://www.wowhead.com/blog=165716 Darkshore preview
http://www.wowhead.com/blog=165769 Wowhead revisits Scarlet Monastery

Pers3us
08-16-2010, 04:44 AM
I have to say I love how much damage the mobs deal now. You definitely have to make use of abilities you normally wouldn't care about while leveling. For instance, bandages, damage reduction skills, interrupts, and CC/stuns. The only problem I've had was the group of troggs near the basilisk in deepholm. All of those troggs plus the basilisk is definitely a challenge since they've changed the damage.

On another note, I'm willing to take bets that the Dark Phoenix mount will require you to be exalted with your guild and cost fair amount of gold to buy.

Deldaris
08-16-2010, 12:00 PM
This is a bit off topic, but where are you from Aliena?

Kazeyonoma
08-16-2010, 12:14 PM
This is a bit off topic, but where are you from Aliena?

Wayyyyy off topic... in fact...
http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?46395-posting-chat-rules-read-me-before-posting

OMG WE HAVE GIRLS
There are some very nice female members and authors here. Yes, real females! Leaving lewd and stalker-like messages in threads and profile messages is being a creepy douchebag. Using the "Contact" button to ask Penlowe personal questions about the ladies on this site qualifies as being a really creepy douchebag. Be respectful, not a creepy douchebag, or you will get banned. End of story.

Chamenas
08-16-2010, 02:00 PM
What's with the Dreadguards in SM? What about Alliance players trying to run the instance?

Edit: nm, it's instanced I think, so it will likely be Alliance guards inside an Alliance instance. phew. I was worried.

Quinafoi
08-16-2010, 02:05 PM
What's with the Dreadguards in SM? What about Alliance players trying to run the instance?

You expect people to actually see the outside of instances? I thought people just spent all day in the cities and queued to randomly be teleported to someplace. Flying mounts will be usable everywhere, as soon as they eliminate the need to travel anywhere.
/endsarcasm
Yeah, it's an obvious concern that needs to be addressed.

someidiot
08-16-2010, 07:33 PM
I really dont get how you could blame people for having the same email with blizzard as they do for other things.
I personally didnt expect to ever be using an email as my account name. I thought that was stupid in itself. Never understood that change.

Kahmal
08-16-2010, 07:50 PM
I really dont get how you could blame people for having the same email with blizzard as they do for other things.
I personally didnt expect to ever be using an email as my account name. I thought that was stupid in itself. Never understood that change.

My friend was just hacked twice due to this issue. When he called Blizzard he was told to use a different e-mail for WoW to avoid his account getting compromised. It is pretty dumb...

Paranoid
08-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah, no new raid contents before catalysm. But what new content before the realease?

What the ..

Chamenas
08-16-2010, 09:39 PM
I figured they were referring to the content patch before the expansion, which is essentially parts of the expansion itself which apply to the whole game, aka you're going to experience them even if you don't buy the expo. But I'd be delightfully surprised if it was other content.

Xebu
08-17-2010, 02:05 AM

I think Bliz's suggestion is to use a different password for your personal email than for your battle.net/WoW account. You don't need to open a new email account to use just for battle.net.

Chamenas
08-17-2010, 05:22 AM
I think Bliz's suggestion is to use a different password for your personal email than for your battle.net/WoW account. You don't need to open a new email account to use just for battle.net.

You don't need to, but even opening a new e-mail for b.net is suggested. It isn't terribly difficult to change your e-mail, so even though no one expected to have to use their e-mail to log-in, it's a simple matter to change your e-mail and make a unique one for b.net.

Quinafoi
08-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Yeah, no new raid contents before catalysm. But what new content before the realease?

What the ..

Operation Punt-a-Gnome
and
Echo Isles Was Merely a Set Back, Mon

Technically, that is "content".

J4yk
08-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Production Tip: White Balance. Great way to make your video's a little easier on the eyes.

Obstorm
08-18-2010, 02:03 AM
Feels like I'm watching the 6'oclock news lol >.<

Jericho
08-18-2010, 01:52 PM
1 major content patch before D-day? Is that to mean we will get one more patch before 4.0 goes live with the pre-release events or is the 4.0 patch the patch in question?