PDA

View Full Version : DPS Understanding World of Logs

swollenpickles
08-15-2010, 11:33 PM
I've been looking over some of the data on World of Logs but not sure that I'm interpreting it correctly.

Using 10 man normal Professor Putricide as an example, is it correct to say that the average DPS done by groups that kill the Professor is 37,245?

Here's the Professor page I'm referring to:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/zones/Icecrown_Citadel/Professor_Putricide/

Loganisis
08-16-2010, 09:10 AM
The key is more:
A) Slow down on DPS at 81/82% ish and 36/37% ish so you get the slimes down before the phase transitions.
B) Phase 3, 35%, he has ~3.5 million health in 10m normal. You'll have ~100 seconds or so (5 stacks on each tank) to drop him in this phase, so you'll need to do ~35k DPS as a raid. Anymore That's proably a little high as 100 seconds is a worst case scenario for 5 stacks on each tank and with the 30% buff, more than 5 stacks can be surviable.
C) Avoiding maleable goo. This is the DPS wiper, especially as more ooze forms on the ground.

If you've downed Fester, you should have the DPS. If you've downed Rot, you should have the ability to execute. PP forces the two together.

MellvarTank
08-16-2010, 09:15 AM
The average according to that is 37251, the mean (the middle of the sample outliers) is 36346.

I'm not sure why you are looking at these stats, though, they really don't mean much.

MellvarTank
08-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Cool thing though... look at the heroic attempts getting forced into a much more accurate curve (ie. less outliers).

This shows you how much stricter the requirements are for heroic in terms of DPS, Heals, and Time.

Torpeedo
08-16-2010, 09:18 AM
The direct answer to your question is yes. If you multiple the ave dps with ave time you will see ave total dmg was ~ 12.3M, since PP has ~9.8M hp and each ooze has ~ 0.4M hp the on ave they were killing 6 or 7 oozes in total in fight. This seems high but it is an average. As the post above shows the real floor you need for dps is based on stage 3 when you will be blowing your cooldowns.