PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Tank LF 5kgs

Nerohol
08-15-2010, 11:09 AM
What items do i need to replace to get to 5k gs? Whats the first thing I need to buy with frost emblems? Ive been at 4.8 for quite a while now and its bothering me. I know the general thing to go for def rating, stamina, but I don't know what to go for after them? str dodge parry what?

This is what I'm working with now.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderlord&cn=Nerohol

I have the black heart trinket from ToC

uglie
08-15-2010, 11:35 AM
crafted 245 chest, off-tier triumph vendor helm and shoulders. use the black heart and triumph vendor armor trinket instead of you pvp and dodge trinket. Also being over 540 defense you don't need the defense gems that you still have.

Harmacy
08-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Use gear based on whether it's good or not, not based on its item level. Go with uglie's advice, and if you can afford it, get Pillars of Might.

You want to aim for bonus armor and stam primarily. Hit and expertise are fairly useful but not crucial, dodge and parry are rather weak unless you're strictly confined to 5-mans, and block contributes very little to your survival.

Also, never ever ever have more than 1 point in Benediction (and that's only if you go with 1/2 Imp Judgements). It's really a worthless talent. Pick up Vindication, Seal of Command, and Pursuit of Justice instead. And while you're respeccing, getting rid of Divinity for Divine Sac/Guardian is a wonderful idea too. You should glyph Seal of Vengeance too.

Nerohol
08-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Command over corruption for seal and get rid of what glyph for seal of vengeance?

Harmacy
08-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Seal of Command is for AoE tanking - 5-mans, raid trash, and a couple raid encounters here and there. Vengeance/Corruption is still best for sustained single-target threat.

Divine Plea and SoV are the two required glyphs. For the third one, Righteous Defense is one of several decent choices (nothing is outstanding).

Linkie
08-16-2010, 01:34 AM
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sylvanas&cn=Linkie

This is me at 4967 GS without any craftables that require Primordial Saronite or any gear outside of HCs/Emblems, and only one item from Frost Emblems. To pass 5k I can put in the Glyph of Indomitability, but I prefer to use The Black Heart anyway. Not sure if this is the best setup, but it's one way to go atleast.