PDA

View Full Version : Druid My health is apparently too low...

Seraphix
08-12-2010, 01:58 PM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azgalor&cn=Pooballz

I'm not too sure what I'm missing really. I mean, I've been filling every slot I can with the 232 T9 set, and picking up every upgrade I can from dungeons and badges, and I'm still not breaking any milestones with my health. I'm farming ToC at least 5 times a day, and still not seeing The Black Heart. I'm at 38% dodge in bear form, and at about 31k health, but I'm still having issues tanking heroics. What can I do to increase my survivability?

MellvarTank
08-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I see a lot of items ilvl 200 that could be replaced for better items (even from vendors) still. Keep at it, keep farming.

Seraphix
08-12-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm gonna pick up the 226 neck from badges, and keep farming to fill in the other slots. Thanks :)

Timberton
08-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Tips for getting better health in a short time:

1. loose both your current trinkets, they are crap™
2. farm NORMAL trial of champions for the Black heart trinket http://www.wowhead.com/item=47216 (I still use it in about half ICC10/25 fights cuz nothing better dropped, yet). Since you are tank, you'll get groups to it fast, keep farming till it drops.
3. Queue for HC AN for http://www.wowhead.com/item=37220/essence-of-gossamer BEFORE queuing for daily HC.
4. consider cheating: wear a piece of frost res gear. I recommend the feet(fully stamina socketed and with a tuskar's enchant, of course).
5. Get your crafting proff up. Use it's stamina chant.
6. Flask (well, I'm a alchemist/herb and i get double duration+extra effect and can make my own flasks so it was easyer for me)

Further along, when you are starting to work twords 4T10 gear, dont'n get the chest (that slot you'll fill with a variant of http://www.wowhead.com/item=50656 )

Metasynaptic
08-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Half? I'm using Black Heart in over 9/12 because I haven't received a better drop yet.

And is saddens me to see people using Corpse Tongue Coin when they tank with me... they just don't get it.

Timberton
08-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Actually,i use glyph +the key on the majority of the fights since it provides the best overall mitigation available to me at this moment. Also at my gear level I stopped using stoneblood flasks and switched to armor elixir+guru elixir (still switch to flask on magic fights or soaks, for HC's)

Black heart gets used when there is a major magic/elemental damage in the fight (I.E: marrow, [rarely] ooze duty on rotface, keleseth duty on blood council, soak duty on princess, valithria, sindy-->bout half, or less depending on assignments), otherwise i go with the armor setup (including LK, so much phys damage floating around there that extra armor is very valuable)

But yeah, Corpse Tongue Coin type of trinkets are lol :P

Metasynaptic
08-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah I don't flask anymore either. It agrovates my raid leader, but I remind him it has no real impact on the outcome.

I keep a few elixers handy and those 2 minute armour potions for certain fights.

Timberton
08-13-2010, 12:40 AM
I switched to dual elixirs at the suggestion of rawr(bear), apparently those elixirrs, along with agility food, provide more survivability and mitigation over the stoneblood flask
This was a function of:
1. gear
2. raid buffs
3. icc buff
In other conditions it still recommends stoneblood
(having to re-elixir, per attempt...uuuh...)

Seraphix
08-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Managed to pick up both Essence and The Black Heart today. I'm at 37k unbuffed in bear now, which is a lot better. I figure now I just need replace the ilvl 200 pieces I have and keep upgrading pieces as I go!

Timberton
08-15-2010, 03:29 AM
Congrats

Now add a flask, a drum of kings and a scroll of fortitude and you'll break 40k easily. Keep at it and in no time you'll be rockin' 85k+ health in a proper 25 man iCC raid

Seraphix
08-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks :) I'm working on getting the 232 t9 legs to finish the 4 piece and hopefully increase my survivability even more.

The issue I'm having now, is in H HoR, when it randomly queues me for it, is that when the Mercenaries stun me, I get destroyed in seconds. Is there any way to get around this?

blbbax
08-15-2010, 07:32 PM
I switched to dual elixirs at the suggestion of rawr(bear), apparently those elixirrs, along with agility food, provide more survivability and mitigation over the stoneblood flask
This was a function of:
1. gear
2. raid buffs
3. icc buff
In other conditions it still recommends stoneblood
(having to re-elixir, per attempt...uuuh...)

Rawr doesn't really get gearing a tank. I would take any advise it gives with a pinch of salt - try to understand why it has said what it has said, which is that in this case you do not need more EH. What did you set survivability softcap/boss dmg to? It defaults to something like Naxx 10.

Timberton
08-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Over yonder at elitistjerks they adjust the suvivability cap, increase boss attack speed to under 1 att/s and increase the boss damage in rawr to account for LK25 heroic levels.

Think the survivability cap was something of: 350 000, can't remember/check boss dmg now since i'm at work.

when the Mercenaries stun me, I get destroyed in seconds. Is there any way to get around this?

All your avoidance is null when stunned. What you can do is:

1. Barkskin is usable when stunned. Just pray the cooldown resets before the next mercenary stun :P
2. use marks, have a hotkey for skull, first focus on priests, then mercenaries, then mages (switch the skull to the target to be killed)
3. ask your healer to decurse you if possible, it helps overall.
4. keep a stack of drums of kings and runescroll of fortitude to be used if there's no regular buff available
5. agility food is good (and also gives extra stamina: win-win situation)
6. If you really want to be prepared: Indestructible potions, keep chaining them in that instance. Will help mitigate suff when stunned. (+3.5k armor? mmm).
7. Overkill: stoneblood flask

Seraphix
08-17-2010, 07:39 PM
So Im planning on picking up the 245 badge trinket, is this worth it? I would replace Essence of Gossamer, and I also plan on picking up the 245 pvp belt to help replace the stam I lose from the trinket. Is the significant armor gain enough to outweigh the stam lost?

Timberton
08-17-2010, 11:07 PM
The armor trinket is a decent investment. That said, don't throw away your blue stamina trinket yet, you'll swap based on the incoming damage profile (i.e lots of magical damage = stamina, lots of physical dmg = armor). For heroic 5 mans i'd generally stick with stamina (HoR included, fairly large portion of magic dmg floating in there)

Regarding the belt, the pvp one is a good placeholder, (BUT just a placeholder). In general, pvp is ok for surviving, but is craptastic for threat generation, don't go deeply into pvp gear. 1-2 pieces is fine while waiting for better drops.

P.S. Idol of Mutilation is crap for tanks (wat do you mean the dodge gets in diminishing return range and has less benefit than the Idol of the corrupter agility proc?). Get Idol of the Corrupter.