PDA

View Full Version : Tanking The Protection Warrior 2pc bonus: how do you rate it?

Salubrious
08-11-2010, 04:46 PM
I am the Main Tank and Guild leader of a small 10 man heroic guild. and after killing saurfang heroic for the first time, I picked up a sanc token. to which I upgraded my old T10 shoulders which I bought but replaced a day later with bonegaurds commander pauldrons. I picked up T10 sanc gloves in Voa 25, but used gauntlets of the kraken for obvious reasons.

so now I ask. what is better. Kraken + Bonegaurd or the 2pc sanc bonus?

I loose like 400-500hp and some block/AP. but gain the bonus.

should I use this, or retire them untill I get 4pc sanc bonus? (I'm going for 4pc + pillars of might)

Link to char:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vashj&cn=Salubrious

(any other C&C or tips would be more than welcome)

thank you for your time

Harmacy
08-11-2010, 06:39 PM
The T10 2-piece is superb for threat. I would rank it very highly, although if you already have a tremendous threat lead at all times you should of course go with whatever is higher EH.

Most tanks at the 264 level (norm 25, H 10) either use 4-piece + Pillars, or T10 helm + shoulders + Cat chest + Kraken + Pillars.

Armory check - mostly very good. You should try glyphing Shield Wall (and possibly Last Stand too) as having shorter cooldowns is superb for hard modes. Getting rid of one of your threat glyphs shouldn't be too much of a loss.

I'd also lose the engineering boot enchant for Tuskarr's - the flat move speed may not be as nifty, but stam > crit.

Otherwise, very nice work. Good luck (with a new necklace drop)!

Salubrious
08-12-2010, 06:10 AM
haha yeah, I've never had a new neck drop. nothing from ulduar, or totc, nothing since the old naxx days, even farmed hor hc for a while for the one from there, but alas it was ninja'd every time.

I am aiming for 4pc + pillars, but I am waiting untill I have all 4 in sanc. in hindsight I should have thought before I just updated my shoulders straight away and bought the T10 helm and upgraded it. oh well, I will get the helm and shoulders ready for more sanc tokens.

I may pull out the 2pc on threat intense bosses, as I already have bonebreaker sceptre, enchanted with accuracy ready for when I'm really struggling on threat (which is rare).

as for the boot enchant, yeah I know the health is better than the crit + boosts, but I love them :(

I will look into new glyphs, thanks you for taking the time to reply to my thread.

Loganisis
08-12-2010, 09:16 AM
2pc should be head/shoulders. Head is a pure lateral gear at every level (251, 264, 277). Shoulders are a *slight* bit behind the best at in slot at 251, 264, 277, but the threat bonus more than makes up for it, especially with DPS scalling better than TPS with the buff.

Chest and Hands should be Cataclysmic and Kraken unless:
A. You have the 277 tier chest/hands. These are better than the 264 emblem.
B. You are in a high-magic intensive fight and you have BOTH the T.264 chest and T.264 hands - then the 4pc bonus tilts in the Tier 4pc favor.

But as it sounds like you have tier options at shoulders and hands right now I'd say work on getting the tier helm as quickly as possible and keep Kraken.

Salubrious
08-12-2010, 10:28 AM
so aim for T.264 helm. and use that for 2pc. then once I get T.264 chest swap to 4pc with pillars?

Loganisis
08-12-2010, 11:04 AM
At the 264 level you will only use the tier Chest/Hands against H LDW, Sid, and LK and maybe Fester. Otherwise you will use Cataclysmic and Kraken.

At the 277 level the tier chest/hands are always better.

Pillars of might is better than the tier pants more than the off-tier shoulders are better than the tier shoulders, so Pillars is the piece to go off set with, they are far closer than Pillars to the tier pants.

H Leggings of Lost hope will be used for high magic damage fights.