PDA

View Full Version : New level 80 warrior has some questions about DPS gear and ability rotations

Bracksih
08-11-2010, 05:16 AM
Hey, everyone.

I just reached level 80 on my Alliance warrior and am unsure of how to best gear up my character for DPS. I can't really get in raids due to my gearscore so I'd prefer to get my gear through 5 man heroics and PvP.

Here's the currency I have so far:

25 Emblem's of Frost

120 Emblem's of Triumpth

10 Champion's Seal

Does anyone know of a good up-to-date gear guide?

As far as ability rotations go, I've been hitting Rend fist, then Mortal Strike, then Overpower, [rinse and repeat], then Bladestorm and Heroic Strike when I have excess rage and spamming Execute when the mob is below 20%. Am I doing anything wrong there?

And what about Fury spec DPS? I'm assuming it's Bloodthirst, then Whirlwind, instant Slam when it procs and Heroic Strike to dump excess rage, correct?

Also, what stats should I be aiming for and how should I setup my talent tree's to do maximum DPS?

Thanks a million in advance!

Grannos
08-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Ok, I hate to be the one to have to say this, but I won't be the first..... There are sooo many threads on tankspot about warrior DPS rotations, gear, stats and so on. Spend some time searching, and you will find more information that you can absorb. Not trying to sound mean or rude, but this has all been convered already.

Start with the "Damage Per Second" threads. http://www.tankspot.com/forumdisplay.php?177-Damage-Per-Second-Discussion

The Hoof
08-12-2010, 08:03 AM
What Grannos said. Lots of threads here with that info.

I will address your questions on gearing tho. Basically you just want to grind heroics until you have the following items:

4p of T9
Triumph Badge Helm or Shoulders (which ever T9 bit you don't get)
Triumph Badge Rings and Trinkets

By the time you're done with that you'll probably be close to having 50 frost, at which point you should get the dps cloak.

You can get your bracers, boots, neck and other ring from the latest 3 heroics

Once you have that you should be able to perform well in ICC.

Khilbron
08-12-2010, 08:05 AM
What Grannos said. Lots of threads here with that info.

I will address your questions on gearing tho. Basically you just want to grind heroics until you have the following items:

4p of T9
Triumph Badge Helm or Shoulders (which ever T9 bit you don't get)
Triumph Badge Rings and Trinkets

By the time you're done with that you'll probably be close to having 50 frost, at which point you should get the dps cloak.

You can get your bracers, boots, neck and other ring from the latest 3 heroics

Once you have that you should be able to perform well in ICC.

The only suggestion contrary to this that I would make, is to save 60 frost badges, and buy your dps shoulders, while running VoA every week, 2p T10 is far more beneficial than the dps cloak in the beginning.

Bung
08-13-2010, 08:54 AM
And what about Fury spec DPS? I'm assuming it's Bloodthirst, then Whirlwind, instant Slam when it procs and Heroic Strike to dump excess rage, correct?

That is correct except that you cleave in place of heroic strike when there are multiple targets. Fury is fairly simple so my opinion is to go that way. If you glyph for fury get the glyphs of cleave, heroic strike, and whirlwind. In general to gear you should be running heroics like crazy. Get into VOA 10/25 for the gloves and legs that drop for warrior DPS every week. For now focus on gear that is plate and has strength on it. Gem for strength and enchant all of your gear with Attack Power. There are some stats to pay attention to on your character sheet. If you are fury you want to maintain 164 hit and 6.5% expertise (26). Those numbers are your minimums and above those numbers is not necessary. Knowing this is important because as you get new gear it becomes easier to mix and match based on these minimums. Don't vendor trash your gear for now. Keep it. Balancing stats can be a challenge. Gear is a progression. Once you have all of the gear that you can get with conquest emblems you get the triumph gear, then the triumph gear +badges from TOC, then frost gear, etc...

Kazeyonoma
08-13-2010, 02:54 PM
moved to DPS forum.