PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury Warrior in need of help and advice !!

Zaphiron
08-11-2010, 03:30 AM
I've been Fury for a long time but for some reason i keep hitting a wall. My dps was going on great untill some new patches came, ever since i tried to find out what i was doing wrong. I used to output 10k dps and more (with less then 30% buff) but now i seem to be much lower(with 30% buff in icc) wich is really starting to bug me.

This is my Char with his current gear: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Zaphiron

Atm my current rotation is: WW > BT > (slamproc) > BT > (T10 2nd slam) > WW > BT > Tend to use HS for rage dump for 70 rage and up.

In all fairness i haven't used Landsouls spreadsheet in some time ,but i'm sure my gems and gear should be alright.
If anyone could tell me what i'm doing wrong i would be so thankfull.

gabbu
08-11-2010, 04:18 AM
The armory link doesnt work take me to eu wow armory home page.

Zaphiron
08-11-2010, 05:10 AM
Odd it did but i think it's fixed now.

atcq
08-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Your rotation seems correct and your gemming is fine. You're almost at the ArP hard cap, which is a good thing. Your expertise and hit are slightly higher than required. I also noticed that your crit is somewhat low.

Plugging your values into Landsoul's spreadsheet results in a dps metric of 10707.

Replacing Might of the Ocean Serpent with the Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Cape results in a dps of 10795.

Replacing Ashen Band of Endless Might with Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance results in a dps of 10836.

These 2 easily attainable gear swaps alone net you a dps increase (your crit is also 4% higher).

At this point, I'd look at gear upgrades for the neck, bracers, and ranged slot. Your expertise and hit may fluctuate based on these changes, but things do balance out.

For example, with the new cloak and ring, and with...

* Polar Bear Claw Bracers
* Ramaladni's Blade of Culling
* Stakethrower
* Hellfrozen Bonegrinders

...and a couple of 10str/10hit gems to compensate for the lowered hit, you could see a dps value of 11185. That's almost a 500 dps increase over your current gear.

Last but not least, are you rending in your rotation? I ask because you're currently talented for it. If you are, it may be a dps loss for you at the cost of missed Bloodsurge procs or heroic strikes.

Overall, I think your gear alone is holding you back relative to other dps classes at the current ICC buff. Hope this helps, good luck.

Zaphiron
08-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the help i havent tested the changed out yet but on paper it looks like u are right about the dps buff. But with the given upgrades ill lose my exp cap is that a big problem ? If you got any other tips for me then pls then by all mean pls tell me :P And no im not using rend it's quite trinky all ill probably lose 2 much dps if i did.

Zaphiron
08-25-2010, 11:58 AM
I made most of the changes but i saw no differance in my dps at all

Zaphiron
08-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Currently my normal rotation is Bt >> WW >> Bt > BloodSurge proc > Hs rage dump
I do Bt>> WW >>Bt > Bs proc >> Bt >> Bs proc if i get the T10 setbonus proc. Aftertips form a friend these have become my rotation.
Also heard stats are important like i tried to increase my crit wich didnt make any differance at all :S
So i went back to my current gear http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Zaphiron
Also a mate of mine tried to find out what i did wrong he coudn't find anything plus the guy does more dps then me with about the same gear and lacks hit cap :S So i'm depressed atm and very fustrated :S Any help please ?

Squirrelnut
08-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Ideal way to get help from TankSpot people is to post a parse. Ideally post a parse from Festergut and Saurfang as those are the two best benchmark fights that allow us to review your ability use and stats to let you know what you could improve on.

I recommend WoL (World of Logs), you can get an account for free.

gd_void
08-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Also heard stats are important like i tried to increase my crit wich didnt make any differance at all :S

Well Crit is a trickly thing Yes it Increases your Raw Damage (hurray) But it also does two other Items that Are sometimes forgotten;

#1 If your HS crits you gain 10 rage
#2 If a White hit Crits it Generates More Rage(http://www.wowwiki.com/Rage)

Secondly With the HS Glitch right now anything over 5% Hit is infact a waste So Switching your offhand to The blade of Culling and your Bracers to the Polar bear's + maybe a gem you should be able to Cap hit and Expertise While still maintaining your hardcap ArP

Thus allowing you to switch to the Much better AGI Frost badge Cloak Which should by all means Force you rather Close to crit cap (50%)

Zaphiron
08-31-2010, 01:04 PM
I started using and testing the WoL and here i got some details on Saurfang and Lord MArrowgar and festerfut fights :
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c6ia8q90ue7bjc04/sum/damageDone/?s=7984&e=8111
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c6ia8q90ue7bjc04/sum/damageDone/?s=12193&e=12373
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0mtwp5tgkpeyu38e/sum/damageDone/?s=5947&e=6132

Squirrelnut
08-31-2010, 01:23 PM
Marrowgar is a bad example however Saurfang is good, here is my initial impression looking at your Saurfang log:

Fight Duration: 3 minutes (180 seconds)
Whirlwinds: 19 (22 possible if 100% usage)
Bloodthirst: 32 (45 possible if 100% usage)
Instant !Slam procs: 22

Slams used: 28
Meaning you used at least 6 regular slams that were not Bloodsurge proc instant slams

Heroic Strike: 46

In general your ability usage seems mostly decent other then the large issue of slamming when you shouldn't. As Fury you should NEVER slam unless it is an instant. Make sure you are utilizing a proc notification addon to tell you when you get a Bloodsurge proc slam and how long you have to use it.

It also looks like you could have been getting more Bloodthirst usage in there, I only see 32 and with a fight time of 180 seconds that is a bit lacking (could have had up around 40+ considering the 4 second cooldown) even if you do push it back from 100% usage to get instant slam proc usage in there (which you should).

The other main thing is make sure to overlap your cooldown usage with all your other cooldowns + bloodlust + trinket procs if possible.

EDIT: Slamming when you shouldn't causes you to miss out on Heroic Strike and Melee damage and likely interrupts your WW, BT rotation and would definitely be a cause of the lacking damage issues you have noticed.

Zaphiron
08-31-2010, 01:36 PM
(In general your ability usage seems mostly fine other then the large issue of slamming when you shouldn't. As Fury you should NEVER want to slam unless it is an instant. Make sure you are utilizing a proc notification addon to tell you when you get a Bloodsurge proc slam and how long you have to use it.)

Well i got the T10 full set so i get 2 procs i never ever us slam normaly. As for the Bt i mighthave been a bit sloppy but that all i think. I know since it resets ur swing timer which is bad ( slam) :P

Squirrelnut
08-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Due to correct ability usage not pushing your WW/BT rotation too far back, any good Fury Warrior parse shows fairly close Slam usage vs proc statistics however you would NEVER see MORE use then procs. I think the T10 4pc bonus is included in WoL parse display of "Buff's Cast" (not 100% sure) but one way or the other if you look at any parse from any good Fury Warrior they do not have more slam use then they have !Slam procs.

The reason for this is that WW/BT are your high damage abilities with the longest cooldowns. If you do things that push back your WW/BT rotation more then around half a second you are hurting your overall DPS.

If you review the rotation timing described in the main Fury thread (http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?57781-Wotlk-Fury-Warrior-Guide) it gives you a diagram to clarify:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2ujo66p.jpg

I like to use Landsoul as an example because he seems to be one of the few Fury Warriors that weaves Rend, here is an example of his top world parses: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/v36ebxzgaicx5q73/details/17/?s=2667&e=2808
He used 19 slams out of a total 21 !Slam procs.

Drasam
08-31-2010, 06:10 PM
Alright, i'm gonna try to help you with no fancy spreadsheet >> I don't even use one and I can pull 10k lol. find a way to fit improved cleave into your spec and switch out one of your glyphs for glyph of cleave. your cleave will do 120% more damage and the glyph will actually make it hit twice on a boss, making HS more or less useless unless you need complete single target. if you can pump out as much rage as I can then you can actually add a cleave spam to your rotation. I know it SOUNDS extremely nooby, but hey, it works and I use might of the ocean serpent and ashen ring of endless might. And arp cap helps alot XD. those spreadsheets are too exact for my taste

Zaphiron
09-01-2010, 04:12 AM
I think i got the idea on the rotation seemed i made some missers on that boss, i'm might need some more practise on the rotation to perfect it .

Squirrelnut
09-01-2010, 09:00 AM
I took a look at your armory Zaphiron and you actually have pretty good gear and definitely should be pushing some decent numbers with ArP hardcap and 30% buff. Few things to mention however:

ArP - You have reached the hardcap however it is generally recommended to drop down to just over 97% and reach 100% passive with ArP food instead of eating fish etc. The main reason for this when min/maxing is it allows you to get 10str/10crit gems in yellow sockets to take advantage of socket bonuses while still maintaining your ArP hardcap
Hit - You are a bit low (currently 119 when the goal is 164). Ahn'kahar Onyx Neckguard (http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=49989) to replace your neck would be a good fit for you right now off of 25m Lady Deathwhisper. Also might consider Polar Bear Claw Bracers (http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=50002) off of Lootship until you get your hit situation figured out.
Spec - Unless you do a lot of 5m's or raids where your Battle Shout is the only thing available with no Might from Pallys I would switch some points out of Commanding Presence to pickup things like Heroic Fury which is actually a very useful talent in a Raid setting on almost all fights (cept maybe Saurfang) allowing you to reach your target much more quickly and is especially helpful when you do Heroic allowing more DPS time.

your cleave will do 120% more damage and the glyph will actually make it hit twice on a boss, making HS more or less useless unless you need complete single target. if you can pump out as much rage as I can then you can actually add a cleave spam to your rotation. I know it SOUNDS extremely nooby, but hey, it works and I use might of the ocean serpent and ashen ring of endless might. And arp cap helps alot XD. those spreadsheets are too exact for my taste
Uh... although I agree including imp Cleave in your spec and Glyphing for it is helpful for trash that has virtually nothing to do with 90% of boss fights. Glyph of Cleave allows you to hit an extra target, it does not hit one target an extra time. In most boss encounters (Festergut is the melee DPS benchmark) HS would remains your rage dump and is basically spammed non-stop since combined with the glyph and good gear you should be getting close to 100% up-time without rage depriving yourself. As for Drasam's suggestion of changing your cloak/ring I completely disagree as your current choices are far superior. Drasam you might want to try being "too exact" since being "wrong" isn't terribly helpful when making suggestions for people looking for advice.

Squirrelnut
09-01-2010, 04:12 PM
I notice you updated your post that had some parses to include one for Festergut.

Parse review:

Fight Time: 3:05 (185 seconds)
Your DPS: 8924
Slam: 10 (out of 11 Bloodsurge !Slam Procs)
WW: 16 (out of 23 possible)
BT: 31 (out of 46 possible)
Heroic Strike: 43
Cleaved once lawl

So with that stuff being said I would pay attention to a few things:
1. Looking at your parse I checked Sunder usage since you didn't have a Prot Warrior: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0mtwp5tgkpeyu38e/spell/58567/?s=5947&e=6132 and I don't see ANY from you. The other Warrior did 11 but that only accounted for 75% up-time let alone maintaining 5 stacks. As a Fury Warrior you really need to work Sunder into free GCDs in your rotation
2. Make sure you don't push back your WW/BT usage more then around half a second for instant slam procs, your WW and BT use seemed a bit low (could be that you had bad RNG to move out for spores so maybe not)
3. Your Slam proc usage seemed good