PDA

View Full Version : Warrior tank but not tank want to dps but

killeralpha
08-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Well i have on my alt specced tank and i have gotten some tank gear but now i dont want to tank i asked my guild leader about it. But i dont want to tank i want to dps but when i enter instances im almost immediately kicked out cause i dont have enough dps gear when i have like 80% tank gear and i want to get in hold of dps gear so what do 1 do now im screwed....

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&cn=Bloomdash

killeralpha
08-11-2010, 08:48 AM
I thought this was a helpful thread but not even 1 reply how hard is it to write something to help others unhelpful guys.

Grannos
08-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Sorry, I cannot look at your armory, i am at work. I would say that your best bet to get into DPS is to go get as much crafted epic gear you can, and then get the crafted blue DPS gear. There are some good items available through the AH also. A little time researching this site will give you all the information you need. The item lvl 178-200 range stuff is perfectly fine for starting DPS in random heroics. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The problem you will have is that peope have gotten used to everyone doing 3K dps or better in a random, and that is just not even close to being needed.

As far as your comment about people not being helpful on this site... That is simpy not the case. It's just that questions like this get asked 20 times a day, and all the info you are asking for is already on this site.

Cutpaper
08-11-2010, 09:29 AM
Personally I started from the bottom again, did normals for some DPS gear (and bought some craftables). Seems like that would be your best bet. I never had any problems, might just have been lucky.

Anyway, I would suggest doing normal dungeons and then buy some craftables as gold allow it.

As a side note:
You might want to give people some time to answer. As Grannos said just above...

As far as your comment about people not being helpful on this site... That is simpy not the case. It's just that questions like this get asked 20 times a day, and all the info you are asking for is already on this site.
These things are probably asked quite frequently too, should take that in consideration.

But best off luck with getting your gear. :)

Errvalunia
08-11-2010, 09:32 AM
You can't expect people to help you RIGHT NOW between 1 am and 8 am. Chill the F out. And instead of whining about people being unhelpful, maybe try looking at the other threads on this site because there's already a lot of useful information on here. Whining and demanding attention is not the best way to get people to take time out of their day to cater to your whims and help you.

Go for crafted gear if you can afford it, or badge gear; if you haven't done some of the Icecrown or Stormpeaks quest you can do those for gear, and instance quests are good for gear too. I would recommend just tanking some heroics to get some DPS gear. OR just DPS--they usually aren't allowed to kick you right off the bat because there's a wait time. If anybody calls you on your DPS just say you're there to work on your DPS gear set and unless you're wiping in HoR because you can't kill the first boss or LK adds fast enough, it's not actually a problem people just like to bitch if somebody isn't in full t10. Tell them to shove it, it's what I do as healer ("it's only a problem if we're wiping, shut up and kill something")

Bashal
08-11-2010, 09:47 AM
You have a guild, right? They don't want to help at all? Not even a little?

Timberton
08-12-2010, 01:17 AM
for some reason the armory link provided in the OP doesn't work for me, this works however:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&cn=Bloomdash

when i enter instances im almost immediately kicked out unenchanted and ungemmed gear is bad, mkay ? I'd consider kiking you out too if you were in my pug. A minimal effort in the form of green/blue gems and cheap 10-20g enchants would apease my wrath.

Also signing in as dps with half the gear for tanking, a grand total of zero gems and 2 enchants, will surely irk most people who spent thousands of gold to fine tune their char.

Signing in ungemed and unenchanted as tank, will also get some nice "lol, rogue has more HP than the tank" moments. I can imagine getting kiks in this scenario too.

In short: shape up!

Nereel
08-12-2010, 08:57 AM
If I were in your position I would buy the ilevel 200 crafted headpiece, then enchant/gem everything as if I were DPS even if the piece is tanking gear.

Hopefully by enchanting/gemming my DPS would be in the 1200-1500 range, then I would que up and start the emblem farming. Since you are only 109 emblems into the race you really haven't wasted a lot of time or emblems.

If I didn't hit the 1200-1500 dps range I would do normal runs and get the two emblems per day until I had enough of the tier 9 gear to be in the 1200-1500 range.

I admit I would probably kick you in a heroic run as well, just on the fact that none of your gear is gemmed or enchanted. I wouldn't necessarily expect epic enchants/gems but at least invest enough to make people think you are committed to making your character better.

Loganisis
08-12-2010, 09:12 AM
You can probably buy BoE DPS 187 blues for 20-30 G a piece iirc, at least on my server. Get your minning up and ask guildies to craft for you with your mats (show them you're working at it).

Ditto-ing the general concensus on the lack of enchants/gems. Even through +12 gems in will show you're trying to maximize the gear even though you're looking to upgrade it quickly.

Another thing to do is run as many dungeons as you can, do it in tank gear, since it's better, suffer for getting better drops. Let everyone know you'll be needing DPS upgrades, plus with the triumphs you gain you'll quickly be able to buy better DPS gear, either triumph or traded down for conquest or valor (like the valor cloak, or is it a heroism cloak?).

Anyway, the point is, at this stage, with the focus being on ICC gearing, new 80s have it rough especially with the desire to Zerg. It's time to grind... Good luck.