PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Mutilate offhand?

Forest
08-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Is Librarian's Paper Cutter a viable Offhand for a Mutilate rogue? I DW 2 Heartpierces and I was told to get a faster offhand, but no pugs on my server can do PP 10man or Dreamwalker 25man and ToC25 usually fall apart too quickly to get the 1.4 speed dagger threre.

I tested my DPS on the dummy over 5 minutes using the same rotation each time, once dual wielding Heartpierces (both with berseking) and once with a Heartpierce (berserking) mainhand and Libriarian's Paper Cutter (unenchanted) in mainhand. I did 500 more dps with the Blue dagger in the offhand. But I am wondering, how would it compare to either a 245, 251 or 264 1.4 speed dagger?

Here is my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz%27goroth&cn=Milkebro

Also what other things should I change? For mutilate should I get rid of the NES for the Hit/haste Triumph trinket? I am planning on replacing the pvp boots with 264 crafted ones as I am a skinner all i need to buy are the Primordial Saronites.

Zxian
08-12-2010, 01:00 AM
The second heartpierce will be better than LPC, simply on the basis of DPS. Generally you want at least one fast weapon for deadly poison application, but there's still a margin for DPS on the weapon. Training dummy tests are a poor measure of DPS since you don't take into account any raid buffs or debuffs on the target.

It also depends on your gear. Dirk of the Night Watch (or Orcish Deathblade) will do more overall DPS than a second Heartpierce.

Yes, ditch NES. It's a poor choice of trinkets for Assassination.

Also, drop some expertise gems and enchants. You only need 214 rating (or 26 expertise) in order to never be dodged.

Fetzie
08-12-2010, 02:56 AM
there is also an offhand dagger from ToC10 man.

NES is...rubbish. try to get the darkmoon card greatness, you definitely do not need the hit/haste triumph trinket. If that fails see about the mirror of truth (40ish heroism emblems, about 2.5% crit and an AP procc).

Zxian
08-12-2010, 10:18 AM
there is also an offhand dagger from ToC10 man.Dirk or Deathblade. I mentioned this. :)

NES is...rubbish. try to get the darkmoon card greatness, you definitely do not need the hit/haste triumph trinket. If that fails see about the mirror of truth (40ish heroism emblems, about 2.5% crit and an AP procc).
DMC:G is pretty good, but not that great. Also, people still charge quite a bit of gold on my server for it.

What he wants is the hit/AP trinket, Mark of Supremacy (http://www.wowhead.com/item=47734). For 50 Triumph badges, it's a better buy than trading down 40 of them for Mirror of Truth. Even if he's over the poison hit cap, adding more white hits to the table leads to more poison procs

Forest
08-15-2010, 04:06 AM
I have mark of surpremacy but I find the haste more effective than the ap use function.

Zxian
08-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Do you find? or do you know? I'm fairly confident that 1 haste is not worth more than 2EP for your gear right now.

If you really care about which is the best item to use, plug your gear into iDPS or a spreadsheet. It's the only way for you to really tell which item is better than which.

Timberton
08-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Rogues in T9-T10 transition, while still being mostly T9 are swimming in hit.
In my alt's case I'm now at 750 hit rating, I don't have many pieces to swap around (well, if I /do/ swap what i have atm, i get to over 900 hit rating :/ )

Regarding the main issue at hand. You did try the librarian paprecuter, and you got a higher dps. then the answer should be obvious? go with it. But do keep the other dagger for GS monkeys (swap after fight starts :P )

Over yonder at elitistjerks, there was a spreadsheet that calculated the dps cost of 0.1 speed in the offhand, vs offhand weapon dps.
[made up number] as if 0.1 speed = 11 weapon dps, so a 1.4 speed 190 dps weapon, would be equal to [((1.8-1.4)*10)*11+190]=234 dps 1.8 speed weapon [/made up numbers]
Do consult Aldrina's mutilate spreadsheed for the real numbers.