PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Survival Hunter PvP

genocidal
08-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Hello Tankspot i need some advise on my survival Hunters stats.

As PvE when i hit ICC my friend told me to start stacking Arp as a hunter although i did not believe him because every hunter i see stacks Agility. So i tried his idea and now i'm hitting around 40% however i do not have Deathbringer's Will yet. The next raid i did i was hitting 6-7k dps compared to my 4-5k.

But i started stacking Arp on my PvP gear as well, i do not feel like this is the stat i should stack. I am at 1045 resi atm and doing Arena with my irl mate which is very . He just started PvP so chest and trinket... He has a Paladin healer however what to go on his DK with me =/

I love love to hear your opinions on this subject.

I also need some help on my spec http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...ection&group=2
I use 1 point in Improved stings but i may change it to improve my range.

Thanks for your help.

Forest
08-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Atack all 40 AP as pvp. Arp will greatly disadvantage you if you get a cloth team, it however would be good against plate teams but you aren't guarenteed to always get plate teams.

Harmacy
08-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Atack all 40 AP as pvp. Arp will greatly disadvantage you if you get a cloth team, it however would be good against plate teams but you aren't guarenteed to always get plate teams.

ArP is still good if the target has very low armor though (at least that's my understanding, I admit that the complexities of ArP rating are just a weeeeeee bit beyond my grasp).

Besides, many clothies get armor from outside sources - Priests have Inner Fire, Locks have Demon Armor (if they use that instead of Fel Armor), Mages have... Frost Armor? I forget exactly. I never leveled up a Mage, if I wanted to drink and fight and drink and fight, I'd go to an Irish pub.

So yeah, back to the OP: Aren't Explosive Shot and Black Arrow magic damage, Fire and Shadow respectively? ArP is fantastic for MM because the vast majority of their damage is physical; Survival is not quite the same. Again, that's my understanding.

(I don't play a hunter, but my brain is like a sponge full of useless info)

Tinytankz
08-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Becuase of the multiplicative way damage reduction stacks ArP is point for point better than whatever AP giving stat your class stacks IF YOUR DAMAGE IS 100% PHYSICAL. This means marksmen hunters drop Things like arcane shot from their "rotation" entirely. Becuase your big hits like Explosive shot and Black arrow are magical all the way stick to agility on PvP gear. And for that matter on PvE gear. The regem to ArP on PvE isnt a big deal try using a spreadsheet like the one at femaledwarf.com