PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Help with druid tanking

Aremos
08-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi there :D

I have some issues with my tanking, first of all i have big problems with large groups, and than with thread generation, and single targets.

Here is my armory link, so if you can find a error in my spec, gear or gems, plz let me know :D

Amory link : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellfire&cn=Aremos

The rotations i am using is as follows :

Group tanking : spam swipe and Maul, and fire of D-Roar

Single target : Spam swipe and maul. Use mangle everytime its ready, got fariy fire and roar up, and i keep lacerate on top all the time.

Have i missed something?? Or am i just a bad druid tank.

Best regards Aremos, Hellfire EU.

felhoof
08-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Don't bother with demo roar on multiple groups. The threat it puts out is minor and you don't need the damage reduction.

On single target, you should concentrate on getting lacerate stacks up faster - and consider opening with berserk.

In terms of spec there is no excuse whatsoever to skip one point in primal precision.

in terms of gear, your trinkets are horrible, your rings and amulet are odd, your enchants are a bit off. But nothing that would have to deal with threat.

Aremos
08-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Yea i know about the def ring and amulet :S Need new of those.
What enchants are wrong and what would you surgest i switch them with.

Regarding my trinkets. Yup they suck, and i would love new ones with stam :D

Ohh yea i will change my spec so i get 2/2 in Primal Precision. I think i'm gonna take a point from infected wounds.

felhoof
08-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Infected wounds is a bad choice as well to gimp.

You don't need two trinkets with stam, but having something like glyph + dm:g would be far better than what you have now.

Off the top of my head your shoulder, gloves, and chest were badly enchanted, but I can't access armory right now. Look at the guides that are printed here.

blbbax
08-06-2010, 04:30 AM
The EoT and totc 5 norm tank trinkets wud be great.

I don't understand your gemming - you use agility gems without getting a socket bonus, which is easily avoided. You also have a dodge gem in. Agility>Dodge.

On that note, the 226 idol is better than the 245 idol, and will even buff your threat.

The EoF tanking cloak and EoC tanking neck would be good upgrades for you. Consider also the totc 10 tank neck for a more substantial upgrade. EoF belt a smaller upgrade, but would be nice.

Enchants: Stam on shoulder (champ's hall, 10k honor), armor on cloak, mongoose or blood draining on wep.

For your rotation, I reccomend darksend's excellent video in the guide section. He also discusses specs in his written guide - 2/2 on the expertise talent will help you a lot.

Aremos
08-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Ok... i'l have a look at that.

Ohh btw a dood told me last night that pvp gear is really good for drood tanking. Is that true??

blbbax
08-09-2010, 05:13 AM
Short answer, no.

Longer answer, yes it can be an easier way to replace a really bad item, but it won't compare with the real thing. Wrathful bracers, for example, are really popular, but not as good as the suarfang 25 drop. Necklaces, rings etc will lack avoidance and mitigation stats vs real tank items. The only good slot, I would say, is weapon, where if you can get to 1800 or 2200 arena rating there are 264 and 277 items respectivley that have such huge agility, stam and feral attack power that the loss of a DPS stat in favour of resilience is forgiveable.

Timberton
08-11-2010, 03:48 AM
My tip, for heroics, get http://www.wowhead.com/item=38365/idol-of-perspicacious-attacks
No other idol will help you more on trash packs.

Next, be sure to have maul glyph, and use a swipe/maul macro.

Single target: refer to this for your tonking rotation http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SppwpP4Blqk/SfH_Bgb-pKI/AAAAAAAAADI/X9itP_hicog/s1600-h/tank_rotation.jpg(yes, FFF gets into your tanking rotation, not just used once per mob...)