PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Getting ready for 10man heroics

pinnacle2009
08-04-2010, 10:55 PM
My 10man ICC group is going to start doing heroic modes this week (may be doing some tonight). I was wondering if there was anything I can do to my gear besides craftable legs and boots.

I was going to get mt T10 helm next, but the chest has a huge armor boost. I am thinking the chest would probably be better for heroics.

The main thing I am looking for is just advice and suggestions for preparing for the 10 man heroics.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackwater+Raiders&cn=Logikal

Dannyl
08-05-2010, 12:02 AM
A few things that caught my eye, would be, first level up you mining so you get the max stamina bonus from Toughness. Also get the belt from the frost emblem vendor. It is pretty much BiS item even in HMs, but other than that, think you will do just fine on HMs. For tanks, I usually suggest sticking to at least 2pc bonus from T10 armor. So once you get the craftable legs, get the T10 helm and yes, suggest you exchange your chest to the emblem chest.

But I would not worry too much. The 30% buff makes up for a lot and you shouldn't have an issue easily tanking at least half of 10-man HMs. The main thing that HMs introduce is more damage and usually an extra twist to the mechanics, but in many cases it isn't really that bad.

Chasey
08-05-2010, 10:15 AM
few suggestions:
Get the mining up!
Replace the corpse tongue trinket w/blackheart direbrew or something else. Its not the greatest and w/blackheart the proc armor bonus is higher that the tongue.
You have a ton of expertise. 26 is soft cap! you can replace a gylph to get some more threat til you can replace a piece of gear that allows you to lose some exp.
You have 15 stam and minor speed increase on your boots and Poj Spec'd they don't stack. Put 22 stam on the boots.
Enjoy the HM's

pinnacle2009
08-05-2010, 08:20 PM
I've got the Blackheart from normal 5man TOC. I've also got the triumph badge trinket which my EHP addon says is more, so I usually use it except magic based fights. I am working on getting the stam trinket from Sindy, just a matter of it dropping.

Yea, I'm being lazy with mining. It's just so damn boring, but I am working on it little by little lol

So after I hit the soft cap, there is no more need for the expertise? I had been told more was just more threat, but hell, glyph of judgement may be better for that. Frost badge chest will be +82 expertise rating if i remember right. I'll look into that for sure.

Dannyl
08-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Expertise used to also work for survival, since parry-gib has been almost completely removed, it is a threat talent all the way. So if you have less than the soft cap and you're not having threat issues, then you don't need more expertise. I typically ran with ~19 and had no issues, and I know there are tanks who've gone with even less and had no issues. So it is not necessary to reach 26 on expertise, no more than it is necessary to reach 263 on hit rating.