PDA

View Full Version : Tanking sseeking toc/icc 10 reg/heroic advice pally

CrazyWulf
08-02-2010, 08:27 AM
if u don't like gramer mistakes and spelling errors don't read.

i am a Level 80 blood elf paladin

my guild is not capable of doing 25man icc toc. but i would like to start tanking 10man. i know there is a lot of gear in 10man toc reg and heroic i could get already have 1 piece from weekly that i healed. i prefer tanking better so here is my armory link

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowmoon&cn=Sessou

it will all ways show my tanking set since i don't like healing a whole lot. now what i need help with

spec/talents
glyphs
is my gear ready?

anything i can do to help my chances?

if i am going to put together a 10man raid me as tank
what should i have in group for

10man toc reg
10man toc heroic
10man icc reg
10man icc heroic

my main experience is pre gear score and pre tanks need dps. i started to raid back in bc when u needed so much def hp dodge parry etc. now with gear score. i checked all the helpful threads its all warrior warrior warrior ya warrior may be the new tank but i like my paladin.

any help and advice is welcome. i appreciate everyone's advice. even if it sucks according to others.

edited for spelling and gramer

CatabriOnEarthen
08-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Spell check. It solves your spelling issues.

1. You should be fine for ToC 10 reg/ICC 10 reg. Your ideal group: 1 rogue, 2 tanks, 3 - 4 ranged, 2 dedicated healers, 1 healer/dps hybrid, balance out w/ melee. Bring the player not the toon. Seriously.

2. Heroic modes I can't comment on, as I haven't done them.

Gearwise, you should be ok for ToC 10 Heroic. Your gemming is ok, I wouldn't use a str/stam hybrid, but that's me. I would put either def or stam on your shield if you aren't going to put plating on. There is an awesome shield off of Lootship Lollipop, I mean Gunship Battle. If you manage to get Anub'arak's shield before the one on Gunship all is ok. I still like Neverending Winter better, tho. (Lootship)

Spec: 0/53/18 is the "cookie cutter" You really do not need 2/2 in SA for raiding. Move it over and finish out Crusade (to 3/3). Everything in ICC is undead, and 1/2 of the stuff in ToC is. Reckoning is not the best option. Put those 3 points into Div Sac/Div Guardian. I'm not gonna beat the dead Judgements cd reduction dead horse, but moving one point out of there to PoJ (and one from Conviction, too) is a good plan.

Glyphs: Change SoCom for Seal of Corruption/Vengence.

Enchants: People will tell you to change shoulder enchant to the stam/resil one (costs 10k honor). +275 health to chest. Stam to bracers/gloves. (Heavy Borean Armor Kit for gloves). Belt buckle + stam gem in belt. Put stam on boots if you spec into PoJ. Since you are an engineer, MAX IT. Take advantage of the armor enchants you can use. (gloves, I think?)

Watch vids, do the fights, it's all about learning by doing.

Shieldie
08-02-2010, 10:08 AM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Runetotem&cn=Shieldie&gn=Gerudo copy my spec and enchants.

i dont recommend using avengers shield glyph though, i have mine for a specific reason.

as Nalfarion said, please use spellcheck, Its very easy to discredit posts 'wich ar ritten liek tihs' many people visit this site, and not everyones first language is english but please put atleast some effort in while asking for advice to atleast look somewhat serious.

anyways, your armor is pretty low, i wouldnt recommend icc hardmodes just yet, you wanna have over 30k armor to be in the safe zone

CrazyWulf
08-02-2010, 11:42 AM
thank you both. i have try my best to fix my mistakes. its normally because i talk to fast and in such short forums its not funny. to many years living in front of a computer lol. i will look into what everyone has suggested. ty more thoughts are all ways welcome as well

why are people suggesting a pvp enchant for shoulders? is resilience not useless in pve tanking?

i see you are speced into seal of command. when is seal of command better then corruption?

Davih
08-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Resilience reduces the amount of defense needed a little bit, and its mainly took for the 30 stamina which isnt on the SoH shoulder enchant

CrazyWulf
08-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Resilience reduces the amount of defense needed a little bit, and its mainly took for the 30 stamina which isnt on the SoH shoulder enchant
ah ok ty.

CatabriOnEarthen
08-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Seal of Corruption is good on trash, of which there are copious amounts in ICC. The resiliance on the shoulder enchant drops the def minimum to 536. However, it's used for the additional stamina, not the resiliance.

CrazyWulf
08-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Seal of Corruption is good on trash, of which there are copious amounts in ICC. The resiliance on the shoulder enchant drops the def minimum to 536. However, it's used for the additional stamina, not the resiliance.

so i should be useing seal of command on boss`s not corruption?

CatabriOnEarthen
08-02-2010, 12:21 PM
This is what I get for doing 5 things at once. OH, the life of being a mom. BACKWARDS. Command on trash, Corruption on BOSS! Sorry, teaching Algebra 2, figuring out how we want to cut up a steer, teaching Latin, trying to stay hydrated in this gawdawful heat and answering forums....I should probably cut down on that list.

Shieldie
08-02-2010, 12:34 PM
yes, as they said. I took seal of command because it cleaves targets next to mine and makes aoe very simple. helps in icc and also 5mans, I dont even have to tab target most of the time, seal of command is a very powerful spell.

and yes, as they answered above, the pvp chant is superior due to its stamina, where the pve tanking chant doesnt.
in icc, stamina and armor are much better than avoidance

CrazyWulf
08-02-2010, 12:34 PM
This is what I get for doing 5 things at once. OH, the life of being a mom. BACKWARDS. Command on trash, Corruption on BOSS! Sorry, teaching Algebra 2, figuring out how we want to cut up a steer, teaching Latin, trying to stay hydrated in this gawdawful heat and answering forums....I should probably cut down on that list.

lol busy busy busy busy eh? hehe ya id say u should cut down.

ok ty :). and any idea when i should use divine sacrifice sinces its 2min cd. or should it be up at all times?

should i all ways have divine plea up at all times?

i changed my spec to the one suggested ty. changed my glyphs dunno why i had glyph of the wise lol
fixed a few enchants will fix more when wife not busy.

the 2% threat is not a big deal i take it? i am more worried about losing threat to people with 5.3-6k gs. since im low on gs. i know gs shouldn't matter lol

CatabriOnEarthen
08-02-2010, 12:42 PM
I try to have DP up all the time (since, I have it glyphed, as well as RD and Vengence/Corruption). Because of the glyph, I get a 3% damage reduction. It's kinda nice, lol.

2% threat is nothing. Seriously. If the dps is really that high on GS, they can take the hits. And frankly, the dps needs to [expletive deleted] learn to watch Omen. Seriously. I taunt ONCE. I even made a macro that I pop when I go into randoms. Basically, you hit what you wanna hit, I don't care much. But if you expect me to taunt it off you when you charge + bladestorm, go wait in another que. I reserve my taunts for heals or the occasional mage that gets crit happy.

Hopefully, Cataclysm will reteach them that out-threating your tank = dead dps. And I will point and laugh. I miss taunt immune mobs. Kinda.

Shieldie
08-02-2010, 12:58 PM
divine sacrifice is good for expected bursts of damage, or say, if theres aoe stuff on the ground that people shouldnt be standing in, I sometimes use it to try to mitigate stupidity :P or lag, or both. i suggest using this macro:

#showtooltip
/cast Divine Sacrifice
/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice

pressing it twice will give you and your entire raid a 20% damage reduction for a few seconds, without directing any damage to you from anyone else. its very useful for many different situations.

CrazyWulf
08-03-2010, 11:26 AM
hehehe i like way u think CatabriOnEarthen (http://www.tankspot.com/member.php?20892-CatabriOnEarthen) lol. i tend to just let them tank and they ether leave or i get free ride lol. more pain in ass when pugs start the raid beofre im there to tank it and so is my healer lol.

ty fer the macro and advice ill try it out.

ill change my chants around and get that buckle.

should i be stacking pure stam on my gear? or should i be stacking other stuff?

Shieldie
08-03-2010, 11:36 AM
stamina except one red gem for the meta

CrazyWulf
08-03-2010, 12:32 PM
ok ty. ya i gota change my gem soon to agil stam lol