PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Pally tank (wondering if my gems and talents are right)

Darkserj
08-02-2010, 12:50 AM
I'm just wondering if everything with my char is set up well enough to tank

I do have problems with tanking the end of hor as in the last 2 pulls of the end with the lich king.
(usually run out of mana)

My link
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nazgrel&cn=Darkzerox

Chasey
08-02-2010, 02:00 AM
IMO gear looks good, an upgrade or two and you'll fix your low hit and low exp. You do realize that you don't have your meta lit up, right? You need to put a red gem in there somewhere. My suggestion would be agi/stam, probably in the helm for a decent socket bounus.
Something is going on w/your mana and its not the toon, its the player. Benediction is a bad 5 points and w/your build so is divinity. To me what it seems like is you are using conc too much. Its not a must, you have other attacks that will multi target so stop w/the conc.
That glyph to reduce mana is bad. My guess on all this is you are losing threat on more than 1 mob, using conc and running out of mana. You have tools to fix that. Divine plea, don't use it til the second wave on wall two on the LK pull. You also have arcane torrent which is great to use every 2 minutes and take a mana pot w/you "just in case"! Oh and judge wisdom.
Blade ward is not a great enchant. Mongoose and accuracy would be better for you.
Just a few tips: Never gem parry! Hit cap is 8% and soft cap exp is 26. Look to hit those if you can. Crusade is about the best threat talent you can get. Vindication is great for mitigation and divinity is alot of overheals. I think you get "it" but I'm going to say the mana issue you had in HoR probably made you wanna change things. Mana is horrible to run out of and in there it takes a bit of adjustments to figure it out.
Hope this helps.

You are probably set up very nicely to do ICC 10/25 the 1st 4 easly. A bit of spec change and you'll be fine.

Shieldie
08-02-2010, 02:07 AM
your spec and glyphs are wrong. are you keeping up divine plea? with your spec there should be absolutely no possible way you can run oom if you are judging and keeping DP up. anyways..

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Runetotem&cn=Shieldie this is my armory, im running the cookie cutter prot paladin spec. I do both 5mans and raids with this spec and never have mana issues, note that glyph of avengers shield isnt recommended, i have that for pvp, the proper one is glyph of seal of vengeance. are you doing the rotation correctly? also, you dont need to use consecration all the time. for most trash just put it up once and then skip it if your manas low

You need to change your cloak chant to 225 armor, you are way over def cap. bladeward is a useless chant, and you can afford to put 18 stam on shield.

Chasey
08-02-2010, 12:18 PM
^^ and I checked out the blog, I liked it, nice work.

your spec and glyphs are wrong. are you keeping up divine plea? with your spec there should be absolutely no possible way you can run oom if you are judging and keeping DP up. anyways..

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Runetotem&cn=Shieldie this is my armory, im running the cookie cutter prot paladin spec. I do both 5mans and raids with this spec and never have mana issues, note that glyph of avengers shield isnt recommended, i have that for pvp, the proper one is glyph of seal of vengeance. are you doing the rotation correctly? also, you dont need to use consecration all the time. for most trash just put it up once and then skip it if your manas low

You need to change your cloak chant to 225 armor, you are way over def cap. bladeward is a useless chant, and you can afford to put 18 stam on shield.

Shieldie
08-02-2010, 02:59 PM
^^ and I checked out the blog, I liked it, nice work.
Thanks :) Im new to blogging and not really sure what to do with it lol