PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Am I geared enough for ICC 10/25?

Ilikecake
08-01-2010, 01:29 PM
I was wondering if I am geared enough to tank ICC. I have gotten to a point where I do not know whether I can tank ICC and I can not really upgrade anything without waiting weeks for frost emblems.

My armory link:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Grizzly+Hills&cn=Ilikecake

Any suggestions or changes I need to make with glyphs or anything else would help.:o

Shieldie
08-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Gear wise, yes you are as geared as I was when icc first came out and I never had any problems. your spec is 'ok' you would benefit more by switching your points in conviction to vindication and pursuit of justice.

You need to rechant almost everything though, and switch a few gems.

helm: You are over def cap, youd benefit more with a 30 stam gem.
shoulders: the sons of hodir chant is actually bad in most cases. the pvp one with stam and resil is better, it also lowers your raid defense cap to 536 due to 15 resilience = partial crit immunity. also an agility / stam gem will give better tanking stats than a str / stam
Cloak: get the 225 armor chant
chest: 275 health outweighs 10 stats
weapon: bladeward is useless, get mongoose, accuracy, or blood draining
shield: 18 stam
gloves: armsman is bad due to parry being the less desired avoidance stat, and the 2% threat difference should not be noticeable in any way, if you are only doing 2% more threat than your dps, you need to fix your rotation, take 18 stam from a heavy borean kit instead.
boots: get pursuit of justice, thats more runspeed than tuskarrs, then you can get 22 stam to boots.

with all these enchants, you will be sitting over 40k hp and you have 29k unbuffed armor. you are good enough to start tanking icc for sure :)

Shieldie
08-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Oh and I almost forgot. you should switch out glyph of seal of command to glyph of seal of vengeance, you shouldnt be having mana problems if playing correctly and 10 expertise is very nice.

switch glyph of judgement to glyph of righteous defense to avoid missing taunts (it SUCKS when your taunts miss on saurfang, deathwhisper, or rotface)

Ilikecake
08-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the advice. I heard from a friend that 554 defense is required for some ICC bosses, or is 540 acceptable?

Shieldie
08-01-2010, 02:24 PM
with the resilience shoulder chant, 536 is acceptable. Im not sure where your friend got 554 from

Chasey
08-02-2010, 12:37 PM
The only thing I can recommend that shield didn't and this is my opinion. You must have a red gem somewhere to get the meta to activate, I'd swap out the str/stam in the shoulders for the +6stam to pure stam and drop a agi/stam in the helm. It will net you plus +6 stam 12 armor, dodge and crit. Helms are a great place to hit a socket bonus due to the high socket bonus.