PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Warrior "decent geared" looking for advices.

jonei
08-01-2010, 06:32 AM
Hey, my warrior is lvl 80, and i got 4/5 sanctified (1 mark in bank)
I'm using my cd's decent enough and plays my class well enough to help other players leveling a warrior and stuff, i've even inspired 3 of my friends to level a warrior and they love it (warrior ftw) the only thing i fear, is that i'm wrong glyphed, wrong gemmed some places;(

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Grim+Batol&cn=Terrorblad%C3%A8 -- Armory :D

My "gayscore" is on 5,9k.
My new items prio at this moment is:

HC version of bonebreaker
HC version of the neck (marrowgar)
HC version of the shield (lootship)
norm/hc version of bracers of dark reckoning

Anny items i shud aim for allso?

I'm just really unsure if its a "THAT big prio"
I've managed doing up to blood queen in icc.. could have made more but like none knew tactics, exept me and some of the guildies i brough with me (we aimed for 12/12 obv)

I guess i am geared enough for doing LK, or shud i wait to i've gotten the things i got in my prio list?

Yeah.. I got first prio on the items in icc if it drops and i always reserve the bracers from icc, but never drops :\

Harmacy
08-01-2010, 07:29 AM
For your spec, Booming Voice is unnecessary for a tank (and it's primarily a filler talent for DPS too). Put those two points in Damage Shield, which is pretty good threat talent especially for AoE tanking.

I also would replace the Shockwave glyph - Devastate is a good choice for single-target threat, Cleaving for AoE threat, and of course if you don't need threat you could glyph Taunt or Last Stand. Several good choices for that slot.

Also, Improved Rend is a waste of talent points. Go 3/3 Imp HS.

Your gear is pretty good, although that dodge trinket is far inferior to the Triumph armor trink. (reliable damage reduction > unreliable damage reduction)

Aim for more bonus armor. If you can grab another token and have enough gold, get the tier helm and Pillars of Might for the leg slot. This allows you to keep the T10 bonus and get a ton of armor too. You lose threat, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue especially since you're speccing for Deep Wounds. Actually Pillars of Might would contribute more to your survival than the T10 bonus anyways - I'd go ahead and use them even if you have to drop the 4-piece.

But you're doing well, especially for someone who hasn't even been doing ICC long enough to get exalted. Keep it up!

edit: oh yeah, loots

Gargoyle Spit Bracers (from 10m Saurfang) are better than the Marrowgar 25 bracers, although both would be substantial upgrades.

Likewise, the Festergut 25 necklace is superior to the Marrowgar 10 one. Armor is amazing.

You could certainly handle 10m LK (and quite a few of the heroic modes) in your current gear.

jonei
08-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Pillars would be bad, since i don't got the cash for it at all, and i'm saving up 2 replace my Hellfrozen feets with tanking ones.
and thanks for the tips about the gargoyle spit bracers. But you said wrong on the neck,
Its rotface, not fester:P

Dreadski
08-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Pillars are better than the boots, you can get boots in ICC or TOC but the biggest upgrade you could get is the pillars. Your legs are weak.

You need to stop rending though, it's hurting your threat. Take the two points from imp rend and put them in heroic strike instead.

jonei
08-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Fine, i'll go for the pillars, instead of the tanking feets.
also gonna respec as soon as possible..
Tbh, i hardly use heroic strike xd, i know its OP'n stuff but my shield slam, procs of like nothing, so in 30 seconds, i can be able 2 use 10-13 shield slam(s) and sundered enough, the coin trinket is shitty, but i'm not sure about getting the trinket from putri instead..
so.. Pillars it is when i get saved enough mats for it:)
Also, am i gemmed correctly? or shud i replace something?

Kanzo
08-01-2010, 04:05 PM
gemming looks fine.

Dreadski
08-02-2010, 03:50 AM
Fine, i'll go for the pillars, instead of the tanking feets.
also gonna respec as soon as possible..
Tbh, i hardly use heroic strike xd, i know its OP'n stuff but my shield slam, procs of like nothing, so in 30 seconds, i can be able 2 use 10-13 shield slam(s) and sundered enough, the coin trinket is shitty, but i'm not sure about getting the trinket from putri instead..
so.. Pillars it is when i get saved enough mats for it:)
Also, am i gemmed correctly? or shud i replace something?

You should heroic strike more often, since you're probably full of rage most of the time and it doesn't use a gcd.

Harmacy
08-02-2010, 07:09 AM
You should heroic strike more often, since you're probably full of rage most of the time and it doesn't use a gcd.

^^^^^

More threat and damage never hurts, even if you don't need the threat per se. Sitting at 100 rage is a waste, at the very least using HS will get a little more DPS on the boss (damage modifier + no glancings + higher crit chance).

And the Putricide trinket is pretty good. The stam proc is unreliable, but it's still on par (or better) than the proc or clicky on most tank trinkets. Too bad they didn't put Satrina's on-use on that puppy, I would love it then!

nserafini
08-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Heroic Strike should be spam ....

jonei
08-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Ty folks, guess i gotta start using HS more often then ^^
and yeah, my rage pops from 0-100 in 2 sec or so xD
I want the putri mainly due the armor it got etc, i've read enough about the proc being unreliable, but the armor = sex, and stamina.. never say no to that. :)