PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Is My Druid geared enough to run ICC 10?

BeautiPhil
07-31-2010, 12:03 PM
I just finished gearing out my Feral Druid with Triumph badges, H-ICC 5 man loot and Crafted Items where I could afford. With the predominant attitude of "If you don't over-gear the raid you cannot come", I'm looking for some feedback as to whether or not my Druid has the minimum requirements to tank in ICC 10.

Armory -> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Downkykong

I'm also welcome to feedback on how I gemmed this toon and his Talent spec. I went for a spec that would help with mitigation since my dodge and armor is lower than most other Druids who have been tanking ICC for several months now.

Darksend
07-31-2010, 03:55 PM
that shoulder enchant is terrible, get the pvp one (10K honor) and get the 18 stam armor kit to gloves

that is also a dps neck

how many frost badges do you have? you really need to start working on them, the cape and the 4pc are so important

BeautiPhil
07-31-2010, 04:43 PM
how many frost badges do you have? you really need to start working on them, the cape and the 4pc are so important

Thanks for the feedback! I have ~35 frost badges from dailies. I dinged 80 last week, so it's just a rat-race until the 4 piece bonus.

Gutfang
08-02-2010, 09:35 AM
With the 30% buff you should be fine. I've seen (and taken) tanks without your gear and mitigation levels in when the buff wasn't even at 30% and had no problem in the lower spire or with Fester/Rot. I would imagine with the right group you could even get past that handily.

That being said, I would assume that you've been into ICC on a different character or in a different role and know the fights. If not, read up. There are plenty of groups that should be able to look past the gearscore number if you can peform, but no gear and no knowledge of the fights are two hurdles that may be too big to overcome together.

P.S. Getting into ICC (10 or 25) and at least clearing the lower spire (hopefully with the weekly) is going to be your fastest route to acruing frost badges. If you can get into a 25 on your resto spec, do it.

Quinafoi
08-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Gear wise, yes you are ready to tank in ICC. This doesn't mean you are ready to be doing Heroic mode or all of ICC, but you are definately adequate to start running ICC. It's not possible to judge you skill wise as your raiding statistics are basically non-existent, all you have is a Flame Leviathan kill and Instructor Razuvious (likely weeklies) neither of which are tanked by tanks. You're gear is fine. Yes there are improvements that could be made, a changed enchant here, a different gem there, a replacement piece in this slot... but it is fine for a starting point.

BeautiPhil
08-02-2010, 12:53 PM
My main is a hunter and I've seen every fight in ICC in one form or another. It is hard to judge someone based on achievements when it is a fresh 80. I figured that the 30% buff would give me a good health pool to help out with the low dodge that I have. Heroics have been a great place to learn and memorize the threat rotation, not to mention taunting off DPS that go balls to the wall.