PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Need help choosing a home.

Killa162
07-31-2010, 04:17 AM
OK, Yes this is my 'FIRST' post on TankSpot, but I been watching videos for ages. Anyways the real question here is I am coming back to WoW to play once again. But I was lastly on Lightning's Blade, a PvP server. Now when I get back I like my PvP a lot. Like BG's, and some arena maybe. But I am not a fan of the whole leveling and getting pk'd over and over trying to turn in one quest.

In the end of this question, what is a decent, populated, Alliance based, PvE server, and lastly has a good 'battlegroup' of realms that its either balanced or Alliance just dominates every time in BG's. I'd appreciate it if I could get some structured feed back, like some guild history on the server or if you play there yourself how well is the market there?

Thank You
-Killa

Petninja
07-31-2010, 04:29 AM
I don't know when the last time you played WoW was, but since faction xfers became possible I'm pretty sure most battlegroups are horde heavy now. As a result, queue times for horde are fairly long and while alliance queues are quick you don't always start out with a full group and you will almost never have WG. When Warcraftrealms.com is back up you can probably check to see what looks like your best chance at balanced pvp is. I doubt you'll find any Alliance heavy groups though.

Dreadski
07-31-2010, 06:06 AM
Level via LFD and BGs. You really don't need to leave capital cities much at all after level 15. Leveling on a PVP server is fun, but if you don't like that kind of thing feel free to reroll anywhere else.

Killa162
07-31-2010, 07:02 AM
I don't know when the last time you played WoW was, but since faction xfers became possible I'm pretty sure most battlegroups are horde heavy now. As a result, queue times for horde are fairly long and while alliance queues are quick you don't always start out with a full group and you will almost never have WG. When Warcraftrealms.com is back up you can probably check to see what looks like your best chance at balanced pvp is. I doubt you'll find any Alliance heavy groups though.

Well on Lightning's Blade at least for me AV was won a lot on Ally side and sometimes on horde but not as much. But playing AB just totally sucked.

Dreadski
07-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Dungeon leveling is fast. Just tank them, you get in quick and control the pace the run. LB is full of horde right now on the US side. I xferred there because of a coworker before I quit. May go back to my old server but it's dead pretty much.

Exiledknight
07-31-2010, 01:01 PM
Moonrunner is a heavy alliance based server, almost always has WG, and if you get involved in the shadowburn premades there is some great times to be had in PVP. As far as guild history I can not comment too much as I don't know what you are looking for , however there are a ton of alliance raiding guilds. Economy is like most, things are fairly cheap with it being towards the end of the xpac, but there is a lot of activity.

Killa162
07-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Moonrunner is a heavy alliance based server, almost always has WG, and if you get involved in the shadowburn premades there is some great times to be had in PVP. As far as guild history I can not comment too much as I don't know what you are looking for , however there are a ton of alliance raiding guilds. Economy is like most, things are fairly cheap with it being towards the end of the xpac, but there is a lot of activity.

Is this server a PvE server?

Exiledknight
07-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Yes

Dreadski
07-31-2010, 06:14 PM
bah

Killa162
07-31-2010, 06:52 PM
bah

Lol, bah? What now.