PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Just checking.

cptwafflez
07-30-2010, 05:27 AM
Took some advice recently from inside this fourm and it has been working fine for me.
Just wanted to check and make sure I am still on the right track, here is my armory.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&cn=Fastpuller

Was wondering if there is anything I should do before I hit 70, gear wise.

Any other suggestions would be fabulous, thanks!

Shieldie
07-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Idd most over geared dps will just ignore threat completley in VH, and just nuke, stuff dies very fast, and they know they can take a few hits so they not worried.Most under geared dps alts, are so self conscious of their dps, that the only thing on their minds is aoeing as much as they possibly can to inflate their dps, so they can point at it and say "look i can match the dps of the big boys!", so even they will unintentionally pull aggro, but they more likely to panic i guesds.

Tanks are not that respected in VH, since its one the easier Hcs. If you really self conscious of loosing aggro like me, then you have to use dps trinkets, some dps gear to stop the overaggro, A rogue can tank all of heroic VH, very easily (not in terms of threat, but in terms of survival, just to give you an idea of how easy VH hc is).

O.o wut? this has nothing to do with the OP lol!

You are actually almost overgeared :P you can tank NR instances with 12k hp, you are fine

Krays
07-30-2010, 12:24 PM
O.o wut? this has nothing to do with the OP lol!

You are actually almost overgeared :P you can tank NR instances with 12k hp, you are fine

Ah goddammit this is the problem with having three threads open at same time!!, My post was meant for someone's else thread the one entitled "warrior threat issue" or something, cant even be bothered now to move it, just gonna delete ;s. lol, how embarrassing.

Insahnity
07-30-2010, 02:43 PM
When I had hit 58 with my warrior, I had collected a LOT of "of Defense" and "of the Champion" greens from outlands. I'm speaking from alliance mainly, but there were very few quest rewards that helped my tanking (big one was a defense trinket). You may, at best, get some quest blues which you can socket for defense or whatever, and there are a few dungeon drops if you can get a group.

Once you get to 70, if you have a guild behind you or your server does retro runs, you can get geared up in Kara/ZA/SSC/TK/BT/Hyjal, or just head straight to northrend at 68. At 70, you can get a smith to craft the cobalt tank set (very cheap, I think under 30 bars of cobalt only for the WHOLE set). It's not overpowered, but it has the defense, str and stamina that every plate tank needs.

cptwafflez
07-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Wonderful advice guys, deeply appreciate.
Just tanked Utgarde keep for the first time on this toon, no problems with aggro, but I noticed I was taking a lot of damage. Perhaps once I get cobalt set i'll chant it if need be.

cptwafflez
07-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Also, should I still get the cobalt sets for the pieces of gear that I have that are gemmed with a lot of stam? I would be losing a lot of health, would it be worth it with getting the armor/defense rating from the cobalt?