PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Ret pally Dps Help.

AvgLs
07-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Ive recently found my Dps still being low even with the icc 30% buff. Ive Checked a few guides From elitest Jerks and such and i haven't been able to figure out a good rotation. So far ive found using
Judgment>Divine Storm>Crusader Strike>Consecration
or
Crusader Strike>Judgement>Divine Storm>Consecration
Ive checked many guides but my Dps is still very low on Dummies (3.5k)
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&cn=Avg
So if anyone has some suggestion on how i can improve my dps Let me know.

Shieldie
07-29-2010, 06:22 PM
:/ youve got nearly the exact same ret setup as my offspec and I just cant seem to raise my dps either... idk why

Auben
07-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Ive Checked a few guides From elitest Jerks and such and i haven't been able to figure out a good rotation. So far ive found using
Judgment>Divine Storm>Crusader Strike>Consecration

Remember that a Ret paladin doesn't have a 'rotation' (where you use the abilities in the same order over and over), it has a 'priority system' or 'clash resolution.'

The 'first come first served' approach means that you use an ability every global cooldown, mash those buttons. Hitting the wrong ability is usually better than doing nothing.
So if you have only one damaging ability off cooldown, use it, don't wait for something that is almost ready (as some other classes might).

If you have two or more abilities available, which button you press depends on your priority system or clash resolution.

So using an example from Elitist Jerks:
'Judgement > DS > HoW > CS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath'

This doesn't mean 'use Judgement, then use DS, then use HoW...'.

It means 'use Judgement whenever it is available.'
'Use DS whenever available, unless you can Judge.'
And so on.

To spell it out:
Let's say Judgement, consecrate and CS are available. You use Judgement, because it has the higher priority.

One global cooldown later, maybe DS has come off cooldown, so you have the choice between DS, consecrate and CS. Since DS has the higher priority, you use DS.

Your priority list will change depending on the gear you have, and if you are fighting aoe trash or a boss. You can try out different priorities in a program like Rawr to test their effects for your gear and the raid buffs you expect to have.

An addon like CLCRet is very helpful, you tell it your priority system and it will clearly display which ability you should be using at any time (and the next one you should use).
See it in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8rP_YNqz3Q .

Ive checked many guides but my Dps is still very low on Dummies (3.5k)Dummies are good to practice on, but remember that you are missing heaps of raid buffs so the numbers will be much lower than your true damage potential.

Only comment I can think of from your armory is that you are well over the hit cap (of 8%), so you could look for a trinket without hit rating. A Darkmoon Card: Greatness is nice if you can afford it.

Samad
08-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Along with what Auben stated you should activate your meta using a Nightmare's Tear(+10 stats to all), Get your T10 4 pc asap, the dps boost is way too good to pass up, for some reason you opted to get the 264 libram(only a 30 dps increase) over your 4 pc.Another thing you have to realise is that arp is bad, you opted for the cloak and the H FoS when there are better alternatives. Drop the hit rating and change to the Ashen Verdict "agility" ring. See if all of this doesn't improve your dps. If you really can't find your optimal priority rotation just try playing around in Rawr it doesn't take long and helps a ton.

Here is my armory if you are looking for a reference on gear choices.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=samad

Durenas
08-18-2010, 02:15 PM
You have a ridiculous amount of hit. You only need up to the hard cap of (263 or 262 i can't remember offhand) hit rating. Why did you opt to get that hit trinket when you seriously didn't need it? Needle encrusted scorpion isn't bad, but a darkmoon card:greatness would be great. Get a mirror of truth, too. Here's my armory link so you can get an idea of what stats to aim for: I'm hard hit capped, expertise capped with glyph of vengeance, and can hit 10k+ single target dps.

edit: additionally, consider taking those 5 points out of divine intellect. You have a grand total of 117 intellect with that talent, so you're only gaining 11 int points. That's 2.2 int points per talent point. Not a great investment. You might do better putting more points into the ret tree(pursuit of justice and vindication) and the other two points wherever you like.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Norgannon&n=Durenas

Samad
08-19-2010, 02:59 AM
According to Rawr NES>Mirror of Truth for the OP, I guess I should have mentioned that before so yeah stick with NES and get DMC:G, I walked into ICC with it.

assilley
09-14-2010, 09:40 AM
standard ret raiding build is 11/5/55. You take aura mastery in holy tree, you can take 1 point out of vindication as you generally have a war who can demo shout.. and then 2 points in hand of freedom arent going to help your dps much. Aura mastery provides raid utility, pop it on sindragosa and you can eat blistering cold without having to run out..

I've found now especially with the 264 libram that crusader strike becomes top priority and i have been getting more dps using CS>Judge>DS>CS>Cons>Exo with the short colldown things roll together nicely and obviously try to hit divine storm when off cooldown. By getting CS in early with your libram you are getting your str stacks higher faster meaning more dps.

Once you get tier chest and can get WFS or DV for a trinket.. you will be right on hit cap.. probly needing a bit more thus why tiny abom is pretty sweet