PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Need help getting geared for ICC10!

twigginator17
07-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Here's my wowarmory link
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Crushridge&cn=Floetic

I'd like to know what else I need to do to gear for ICC. My health seems really low for having 4pc t9 and a piece of t10.5? But maybe thats just me...

I know I need to replace my gems... but other than that.. please help! =)

Harmacy
07-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Spec like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxfMzbc:pGZmc

You use a lot of talent points for useless (or borderline useless) talents like Imp HoJ (well, 1/2 in this talent is useful for stunning Val'kyrs - you're not there yet so don't bother :-P ) and Divinity - 1% healing per talent point is very weak. You could be using those points for 6% more threat (everything in ICC meets the criteria for the full damage from Crusade). Also, the Spiritual Attunement glyph is unnecessary - the 5% from 1/2 SA is more than enough for any raid, replace it with Seal of Vengeance which is a free 10 expertise (yes please!!).

[edit: the third major glyph slot, there are several options - your current choice of the Righteous Defense glyph is solid. The third minor glyph slot makes no difference really]

You do have Vindication and Judgements of the Just though, both are crucial raiding debuffs so your spec isn't too off-base.

OK, now you need to work on your professions! Mining is a good one (stam yay), pair it up with pretty much any crafting profession - they all give you stam except for Engineering (which gives you armor, which is just as useful) and Inscription (gives you dodge - stay away!).

Profession bonuses are huge for raiding, and they're especially useful if you get one with moneymaking characteristics like JC or Alchemy (gem cutting/JC dailies, and the Alchy gem xmute).

For gear, agreed on the regemming - you have the right idea stacking stamina though.

When you get enough Frosties, get a new cloak. That baby will last you into Cataclysm.

When you get enough Triumphs, replace your blue trink with Glyph of Indomitability (don't throw it away though, the armor will do you little good on magic-heavy fights like Toravon in VoA, so keep the second stam trink in your bags). After you get that, you could get the off-set Triumph helm and shoulders (the 4-piece is decent but not really worth losing stam/armor over) but that's not so crucial.

Just throw a Titanium Weapon Chain on your weapon IMO. It's not a good enough piece to deserve an enchant like Mongoose or Blood Draining, besides you need your gold to level up those professions. Also, just as a heads up, Blade Ward is a waste of gold - if you want a mix of avoidance and threat go with Mongoose.

So yeah, you're headed in the right direction. Make a few more changes, farm a few more badges (the reg HoR shield would be nice too) and you'll be ready to rock and roll.