PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Death Knight tank-gear advice

Ralekk
07-28-2010, 03:37 PM
hey guys,I've got 60 frost badges and i can't make my mind up as to what to get-the CSK trinket,the frost gloves(kraken or something they're called) or tier 10 shoulders.I don't know if it's worth losing that 2 set bonus on the 2 tier 9 pieces I have left.I think the gloves would be the biggest upgrade but I don't want to spend the badges till I've gotten some more opinions on it!

heres my armory:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&cn=Ralekk

thanks

Insahnity
07-28-2010, 04:14 PM
I'd recommend Pillars of Might (264 Legs). They are pretty much BiS for many flights, and is a solid investment like the belt or the cloak. T10 Pieces in general (except for legs and hands, get those from voa) are not a bad secondary choice. Also consider Boots of Kingly Upheaval as well.

Ralekk
07-28-2010, 04:26 PM
umm....that didn't really answer my question lol.

Insahnity
07-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Yes, it does. I'm saying spend the gold or the badges on getting Pillars of Might. If you are bent on getting CSK or Kraken (which are nice, TBH), then you are getting something which could potentially be replaced, where as the pants are likely not going to be replaced until extremely late levels (if you even get there).

As an FYI, the 4PCT10 DK set is quite strong, and usually you take gloves, helm, chest and shoulders, leaving the PILLARS OF MIGHT as the only non-tier piece you have of the 5 possible tier pieces.

I don't know how else to encourage you to seriously consider the worth of Pillars of Might as your very next upgrade.

Ralekk
07-28-2010, 04:49 PM
The thing is...I literally got the legs i have now from ICC today and just gemmed and enchanted them so going out of my way to get the pillars of might right now doesn't seem too appealing.I would have thought replacing some of my worse gear as top priority right now.

gd_void
07-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Get the CSK, It's a solid trinket that you will have for a Long time, It is possible to upgrade it but you wont be doing that anytime soon

That being said, you should make it your Top priority to get the Axe from 10man Saurfang, Bryntoll is Trash for tanking(and just about anything else) Also get your Hit and Expertise up, you'll notice alot more threat when you are landing everything, Boots of Kingly upheaval will help in this as will the t10 gloves.

Edit: T9 2p Is worthless Dont be afraid to drop it for any Upgrade, With the 'Spam Icey touch' Play style it really isn't worth the lost stat points from offset items(ah i miss t8 bonus's)

Ralekk
07-29-2010, 03:24 PM
I ended up getting the CSK and don't regret it,health went up by quite a bit and a solid trinket use gained.As far as Bryntoll goes I'm not actually having problems with threat,never did!Compared to what i had before(Tyranical Beheader from PoS heroic) it's amazing.And I've tried ramladinis blade of culling and I do more threat with Bryntroll.People have gotten to rely too much on expertise and hit for threat imo.A solid rotation and knowledge of your class is what threat comes down to i think.

gd_void
07-29-2010, 04:02 PM
People have gotten to rely too much on expertise and hit for threat imo.A solid rotation and knowledge of your class is what threat comes down to i think.

I would Tend to agree, That doesn't mean that Hit and Expertise is Bad. If you Have a solid rotation(or Priority as it is) Hit and Expertise ADD to your threat, Also More Sta from the Blade of culling, its not much, but every little bit helps.