PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Arms Warrior respecing/gearing for Fury dps?

barrygis
07-27-2010, 10:14 AM
I've had my arms warrior for quite a while, and have resisted going fury out of laziness but I'm really trying to max out my dps. I dual-spec'd to try out fury rotation and have icc gear.

When I change over to fury spec, my dps drops from about 5k to 3.5k or less. I have been using the advertised rotation of WW/BT Slam/HS and playing with variations of it (I have neglected to burn fury CD's tho)

My 2nd 2h I use for Fury is the ICC Citadels Clamore with the same gear (looking to regem to suit fury needs)

Ideas?

Also, have recipe for the Legplates of painful death but not sure whether it's worth it to stick with path of 4pc t10 (and wait for sanctified gear marks to drop from icc25) or make the legs and use them instead.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Norgannon&cn=Screwball

Creelos
07-27-2010, 02:52 PM
First I have no idea where WW/BT Slam/HS is being advertised as the proper fury rotation but it is wrong.

Fury "rotation" is BT,WW,BT,BT,WW,BT,BT... weaving in slam on bloodsurge procs without clipping BT, and queing HS as often as you can without rage starving your self.

Clipping BT? Yeah if BT will become available in < 1.4 seconds you don't hit slam you wait for BT then slam (if you still have the bloodsurge proc)...does this mean you will lose some bloodsurge procs? Yep it sure does but your dps will improve. NEVER slam w/o a bloodsurge proc!

Some think that because WW hits harder than BT, WW is higher dps and should be prioritized over BT. This is not true, BT is on a four second cd and WW is on an eight.
So for WW to match BT in dps it must do twice the damage of BT since you can BT twice for every WW.

Four piece t10 is what you ultimately want Head, Shoulders, Chest, Legs. The progression I suggest for that is keep t9 legs and chest, get t10 head and shoulders and do not replace your legs or chest until you get both t10. The frost emblem gloves, leather dps belt, both cloaks are great and one over the other depends on overall stat allocation.

You really want to learn about fury warrior gearing and rotation/priority
http://www.vodka-guild.net/landsoul/ have excel 97 or newer and learn to use that spreadsheet.

Landsoul has done some amazing work.

Destruyen
07-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Some think that because WW hits harder than BT, WW is higher dps and should be prioritized over BT. This is not true, BT is on a four second cd and WW is on an eight.
So for WW to match BT in dps it must do twice the damage of BT since you can BT twice for every WW.

it has nothing to do with how hard an ability hits or the cd on it. you can do the exact same dps with bt -> ww that you can with ww -> bt. you get the exact same ability usage if you start with ww or you start with bt, which is what it is all about. having 1 ww for every 2 bt's.

also, you are counting the offhand hits of whirlwind when you are comparing the dmg of ww to bt right? if so, (which you should be) ww hits harder than bt.

Creelos
07-27-2010, 04:26 PM
On a one for one basis it does but it you can't compare the abilities 1:1 because of the cd.

The amount of damage an ability does and how often it can be used is what you use to determine the dps of the ability.

Does WW hit harder than BT yep sure does. Can you BT more often over the duration of a fight if you make it your priority yep you sure can.

BT is your number one priority then WW then instant slams. Of course this is for single target dps.

Ion
07-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Way too much hit, not enough expertise, not enough arp to really be gemming for it, wtf did you do to those glorious boots?, two pieces of PvP gear.

Start with expertise, then hit...then replace your pvp gear and then work on your gems (which, actually, you could do at any point in this process).

Basically: you're doing it wrong. Fury needs 164 hit and that's it...queueing HS removes your DW hit penalty, so get rid of the hit trinket...especially since your offhand has 103/116 hit on it. Fury also needs 26 expertise (which is a lot more than Arms needs), so drop the arp gems and gem expertise until you're at a reasonable level (main hand...you're an orc, so don't worry about the expertise on your offhand sword)...at which point you should probably just gem the rest strength...not attack power, certainly.

Lob yourself into Landsoul's Spreadsheet with your fury gear and start messing with things.