PDA

View Full Version : Tanking warrior tanking macro's

uglie
07-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Just curios, are there any good tanking macros for warriors? I personally macro RS to every melee strike i have on my dk, and maul macroed to swipe, mangle and lacerate (with un-macroed version readily available to use as well). Currently at this writing i'm lvl 34 and well honestly there is a ton of stuff to keep track of.

Also for my rage dump (well at later lvls) HS on single target and cleave on mobs?

Any other tips for a beginner warrior would be helpful. Such as uncommon things that most people miss.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Fizzcrank&cn=Theinsaneone

kungfugrip
07-27-2010, 01:21 AM
#showtooltip Taunt
/stopcasting
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][harm,nodead]Taunt^ mouseover taunt for you. can keep something targetted while taunting something else. if you don't have an enemy mouseover it will just taunt your current target. You can do this for any of your moves that you want, just change "Taunt" in the code to whatever you want it to be. If it's a helpful spell to be cast on other players, just take out "harm" from the code.

#showtooltip [mod:shift]Battle Shout;[mod:alt]Commanding Shout;[nomod]Demoralizing Shout
/stopcasting
/cast [mod:shift]Battle Shout;[mod:alt]Commanding Shout;[nomod]Demoralizing Shout^Multi-shout button, saves space on bars. Hold shift and hit it for Battle Shout, hold alt and hit it for Commanding shout, just hit it regular for Demoralizing shout. You can add more to it if you want just put like [mod:ctrl] for the CTRL key, etc. You might have to go in to your keybinds and unbind some of these if you put it on your action bar though because for instance if you put it in the 2 spot on the action bar and you go to hold shift and hit 2 it will switch you to action bar 2 instead of casting the move. You can just change this in the keybindings (hit escape during the game, it's in that menu).

Also I came up with a misdirection setfocus macro on my hunter. When I first join an instance or raid, I click on the tank, hold shift and hit my macro, and that sets the tank as my focus. Then from then on when I hit the macro WITHOUT hold shift, it automatically casts misdirect on whoever I had set as my focus. When I'm questing I do it to my pet. Any time you want to change the focus you just target that person, hold shift and hit it again. That way you don't have to bother editing the macro each instance, replacing the person's name and such, or remembering to click the tank each time you want to cast misdirect.

You can do this with Vigilance and cast it on whoever the same way, or if you're a rogue you can do it with Tricks of the Trade. Or if you're a ret pally you can do this with Divine Intervention and set the focus on some class that can rez. That way if a wipe starts happening you can just hit it and know you'll cast DI on the person you want to, and you don't lose any durability to your gear. Instead of frantically trying to target a healer and then cast it while your face is getting smashed in. A druid could also set a battle rez target with this macro. It has a bunch of different uses. PVPers could set the focus to be their arena partners for moves like pally bubble or a hunter's pet move that charges over and intercepts an attack that is getting cast on their buddy, things like that.

I'll have to come back with that code after I go to my other computer, I can't really remember it exactly. I'll attempt to do it off the top of my head but it might be wrong, I'll come back and edit it later to clarify but try this:

#showtooltip Rebirth
/stopcasting
/cast [nomod,@focus]Rebirth
/focus [mod:shift]target

That's the working code for the macro, just looked it up in my macros cache file. Just replace "Rebirth" with whatever move you want, like Vigilance, Misdirect, Tricks of the Trade, etc.

For the armory, I prob would have gotten a faster 1h heirloom weapon. But oh well, an extra swing sometimes is okay. You're in the right direction with "of the bear" gear. Obviously try to grab anything with +Def if you come across it but as you level and stuff it's not a big deal really. I believe there's a +100 health chest chant that still works on level 1 items. I'd toss crusader on the weapon while I level up. I'm sure you know you don't need the spirit and stuff on the shield but your options are limited at this level. This computer is being dumb and not loading your spec for me in the armory it's just showing blank talent trees so I can't really comment on that ATM.

Dannyl
07-27-2010, 04:42 AM
So far the only macro that I find myself using is my charge/intervene/intercept macro and the basic principle was just to limit the number of buttons on my UI. Later, I also added heroic strike to it, just help on that initial pull on bosses. I don't really feel comfortable putting HS anywhere else cause I need the control, when I can pull back on rage consumption and since I find myself able to keep up HS on every white attack by clicking, when necessary, it negates the need.

#showtooltip [modifier:shift] Intercept; Intervene
/cast [help] Intervene; [modifier:shift] Intercept; [harm] Charge
/cast [harm] Heroic Strike
Essentially, if your target is friendly, it will intervene. Otherwise it will charge, or if you hold down the Shift key, it will intercept. Last, if the target is an enemy, it will also queue HS. I tried to pull off a macro that would Intercept if Charge was on CD, but couldn't find a way. This is the next best thing for me.

For vigilance, I don't use a macro. I find myself often changing my vig target during a boss fight so I use Grid and Clique to let me just right click who I want it to fall on.

kungfugrip
07-27-2010, 05:06 AM
^ for future reference, for longer macros you can type "mod" instead of modifier, and also take out the spaces after the semicolons and brackets, only space you need is after "/cast"

this will help you with longer macros to stay under the characters limit

drae
07-27-2010, 05:12 AM
There is a way to do that dannyl. Vene's blog The Art of Warbringer (http://www.tankingtips.com/2009/04/23/the-art-of-warbringer/) has got a great macro for doing that:

/castsequence [harm] reset=15 Charge, Intercept; [help] Intervene
or

/castsequence reset=15 Charge, Intercept
/cast [help] Intervene; [target=targettarget, help] Intervene;
I use the top one, both have slight problems, like sometimes getting stuck on intercept when I know charge is available; and i still feel like I need to keep a regular intervene available. Which is coincidentally the same button location just with shift to access it.
Personally I don't use modifier macros. I've considered it, but I use 3 action bars, one accessed normally, one through shift, one through alt. I do have 42 keybinds tho... (gogo n52te!)

Other macro's I keep handy are intervene focus macro's.

#showtooltip intervene
/cast [taget:focus] Intervene

I use the same macro for taunt to taunt a focused target without losing my current target. (like on crazy cat lady in ulduar)

I use a shield block + shield slam macro that allows me to shield block + shield slam when holding shift, straight shield slam when not pressing anything. Shield block goes off even if your stuck in GCD.. I don't recall exactly how it was written, but it's a great macro. If I remember (and if I log on tonight) I'll try and post it. Otherwise maybe someone helpful will post it.

Personally I dislike macro'ing HS into other abilities. In my opinion you use a level of control, and could end up rage starved. Someone once compared macro'ing HS to everything to driving an automatic vs. a manual transmission. Yes the automatic is easier to drive; just as macro'ing HS to everything is easier then spamming it. However if you've driven a stick you'll know that you have much more control over torque, power, and gear selection in a manual.. same as you have greater control over rage generation, rage use, and skill use when keeping HS out of your regular skills. Bind heroic strike and cleave to your mouse wheel, up for one, down for the other and "Spin to win". Personally I use the back and forward buttons on my mouse.

Dannyl
07-27-2010, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the tips. I don't do a lot of macroing and believe this is actually the first one that has the mod conditional. So thanks for that. I'll keep the white spaces though, simply cause I come from a programmer background I dislike code that is a strain to read.

@drae
Also thanks for the macro. I actually spent a long time looking for something like this and never came across the site you posted. You said that it sometimes gets stuck though; does that happen often? Any idea why it happens? I only ever use intercept except under emergencies because I dislike the rage cost it has, especially when pulling. Most of the time, Intercept comes into play during trash pulls, so if the issue presents often, I'll be better off using the shift modifier.

kungfugrip
07-27-2010, 06:51 AM
^Lots of things can mess up a castsequence macro, like moving around in the fight, boss going out of range/LoS, some phase or something happening, Your first move in the sequence missing, not enough mana/rage/whatever to cast the full sequence etc etc. There's always a bit of a risk involved in using them.

drae
07-27-2010, 06:51 AM
I rarely find it an issue in pve, mainly in pvp. It works like 97% of the time. Id say 99+% in pve.

I have no idea why it gets stuck; it may have something to do with intervening a friendly and having it reset the cast sequence timer.. but that is nothing more then a guess.

I've been using that macro for over a year, and find it to be excellent. It may be that the second one was written to prevent the issue of it getting stuck; again not much more then a guess. I'm far from a macro Ace. Maybe re-posting in the macro section would get a response.

drae
07-27-2010, 06:55 AM
^Lots of things can mess up a castsequence macro, like moving around in the fight, boss going out of range/LoS, some phase or something happening, Your first move in the sequence missing, not enough mana/rage/whatever to cast the full sequence etc etc. There's always a bit of a risk involved in using them.

Nice thing about that one is it's very simple. Charge costs no rage and always hits so that's not a problem. The range doesn't seem to be an issue because I mash the crap out of it when i prot pvp when trying to close a gap.

I can't for the life of me figure out why it occasionally (very) sticks on intercept cooling down when I know charge is available. Usually a target switch fixes the issue.

Dannyl
07-27-2010, 06:56 AM
Kk, cheers guys. I'll give a whirl.

Hoogle
07-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Macro's are for wimps...do what i did and get bitten by a radioactive spider! Now i have keybinds to go with my 13 fingers and glowing in the dark saves me a small fortune on lightbulbs

only kidding ofc. Nice explanation of macro's which, i must confess, is still a dark art to me. Is there a Macro explanation thread on here? cant see one but how handy that would be.

kungfugrip
07-27-2010, 07:02 AM
Macro's are for wimps...do what i did and get bitten by a radioactive spider! Now i have keybinds to go with my 13 fingers and glowing in the dark saves me a small fortune on lightbulbs

only kidding ofc. Nice explanation of macro's which, i must confess, is still a dark art to me. Is there a Macro explanation thread on here? cant see one but how handy that would be.
later tonight i'll type up a huge thread of all my druid macros. i have a LOT. some for combat, some for pvp, others just for convenience to save space on my bars. then i'll explain what all the certain modifiers and strings do and whatnot so you can mix and match your own. it'll prob be in like 3-4 hours or so.

Scyla
07-27-2010, 07:04 AM
What I usual use is this macro:

#showtooltip Charge
/cast [target=mouseover, mod: alt, harm, nodead] Intercept; [target=target, harm, mod: alt, harm, nodead] Intercept; [target=mouseover, help, nodead] Intervene; [target=target, help, nodead] Intervene; [target=mouseover, harm, nodead] Charge;[target=target, harm, nodead] Charge
/cast Hamstring

It's a little bit longer than 255 chars so you need a mod for additional macro space.

What it does is pretty simple.

If your target (or mouseover) is friendly use Intervene
If your target (or mouseover) is an enemy and is not in melee range use Charge
If your target (or mouseover) is an enemy, not in melee range and you press alt use Intercept
If your target is in melee range use Hamstring

Works quite well :) .

Satrina
07-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Is there a Macro explanation thread on here? cant see one but how handy that would be.

http://www.wowwiki.com/UI_Beginners_Guide
http://www.wowwiki.com/HOWTO:_Make_a_Macro
http://www.wowwiki.com/Macro_API

Edit: You can also paste macros into this and have them explained in fairly clear English: http://www.macroexplain.com/

Quinafoi
07-27-2010, 07:38 AM
What I usual use is this macro:

#showtooltip Charge
/cast [target=mouseover, mod: alt, harm, nodead] Intercept; [target=target, harm, mod: alt, harm, nodead] Intercept; [target=mouseover, help, nodead] Intervene; [target=target, help, nodead] Intervene; [target=mouseover, harm, nodead] Charge;[target=target, harm, nodead] Charge
/cast Hamstring

It's a little bit longer than 255 chars so you need a mod for additional macro space.

What it does is pretty simple.

If your target (or mouseover) is friendly use Intervene
If your target (or mouseover) is an enemy and is not in melee range use Charge
If your target (or mouseover) is an enemy, not in melee range and you press alt use Intercept
If your target is in melee range use Hamstring

Works quite well :) .

Here is the same macro at 203 characters. Technically I could reduce it even further though it wouldn't be necessary. You don't require an addon to extend macro length if you can write your macros more efficiently.

#showtooltip Charge
/use [@mouseover,mod:alt,harm,nodead] [mod:alt,harm,nodead] Intercept; [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help,nodead] Intervene; [Amouseover,harm,nodead] [harm,nodead] Charge
/use Hamstring

Some common ways of shortening syntax.

"/use" is one less character than "/cast" and performs the same function.
"target=" can be replaced with "@".
"target=target" is default and not necessary to explicitly define. You only need to define a target if the current target is not used.
Values within conditionals do not require spaces between them. For example "[harm, nodead]" is identical to "[harm,nodead]".
You don't need to reuse the same ability name multiple times in a single cast or use macro, semi-colons split between different spells, however all possible modifiers can be merged before the one ability.
/cast [@mouseover,help] Nourish; [help] Nourish
Is functionally the same as:
/cast [@mouseover,help] [help] Nourish
*notes*
You should actually change "#showtooltip Charge" to just "#showtooltip" and it will resolve to whatever the first ability is that the macro would resolve (so if you were holding ALT, it would show Intercept instead). I left the "#showtooltip Charge" in the macro because I wanted to rewrite it so it would be shorter, yet do the exact same function.

Scyla
07-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Thank you :)

I have to say I'm not very familiar with macro context so I generally develop with the little knowledge I have and try do make them work in a way I want (yeah it's a real bad habit =/ ) so I'm really thankful for that.

drae
07-27-2010, 08:03 AM
Thank you :)

I have to say I'm not very familiar with macro context so I generally develop with the little knowledge I have and try do make them work in a way I want (yeah it's a real bad habit =/ ) so I'm really thankful for that.

I'm bad for that too. I hate writing macros. More often I just make a modifier work for a whole bar via bartenders keybindings then hide the bar. Means all my macros are super simple. I should probably learn tho.

Scyla
07-27-2010, 08:30 AM
The problem is that I'm running out of space in my bars and also on keybindings. With this macro you can put all the charge-abilities on one button which is super nice :) .

leethaxor
07-27-2010, 08:45 AM
@Scyla i would suggest bartender and for you to take a look at http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?41865-Keybinds-and-You

at lvl 34 on my warrior alt i already need shift modifiers to keep everything in hands reach.

Quinafoi
07-27-2010, 08:55 AM
I'm bad for that too. I hate writing macros. More often I just make a modifier work for a whole bar via bartenders keybindings then hide the bar. Means all my macros are super simple. I should probably learn tho.

Actually, using keybindings is significantly better than addin modifiers within macros. This is because of the actual ability to reference and understand this information. If you hide an ability in a macro...

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Lifebloom; [mod:ctrl] Nourish

While macro syntax is fine, this runs into an issue where the #showtooltip isn't really that relevant, because you actually can't see what holding CTRL will do until you actually hold it down. The advantage with keybindings on the other hand is you can have a sort of visual reference.

[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] ...
[ S1 ] [ S2 ] [ S3 ] ...

In a more visual way you can have your action bars laid out. Then if you want to do the ability in the second spot of the second row, mentally you think second row is SHIFT and the button I want to press is 2 so the keybinding is Shift+2. If you use keybindings today, you should not change to using modifiers in your macros because keybindings are more robust. Additionally, keybindings take precedence over modifiers within macros. Say the button in the diagram above for "2" had in it "[mod:shift]". Now you have two things that result in Shift+2, however how the game will handle it is it will check for the keybinding first. Since there is a keybinding for it, the macro in the "2" spot won't get executed and instead the ability in the "S2" spot would.

Your approach is better, don't change.

kungfugrip
07-27-2010, 08:57 AM
i have the razer naga mouse and i really like it. i mainly just use my left hand for W-A-S-D.

before I got the naga though I'd do this

bind moves on keys `, 1, 2, 3, 4 some of them were macros with modifiers
moves like heroic strike / maul / overpower / whatever on "V" (had to unbind it in keybindings)
CD's on "X"
other CD on "C"

and if you don't ever strafe and stuff you can bind stuff to Q and E, as well F if you want

then you can just bind their default binds to some other keys somewhere else on the keyboard out of the way

drae
07-27-2010, 09:08 AM
sweet I like it when I'm doing it right without even thinking about it. =D

I don't use a keyboard, I use an N52te. It's freaking leet.

Dreadski
07-27-2010, 09:14 AM
i have the razer naga mouse and i really like it. i mainly just use my left hand for W-A-S-D.

before I got the naga though I'd do this

bind moves on keys `, 1, 2, 3, 4 some of them were macros with modifiers
moves like heroic strike / maul / overpower / whatever on "V" (had to unbind it in keybindings)
CD's on "X"
other CD on "C"

and if you don't ever strafe and stuff you can bind stuff to Q and E, as well F if you want

then you can just bind their default binds to some other keys somewhere else on the keyboard out of the way

The Naga is awesome, I use the 2 aux buttons for reg/flying mounts, and the 1-12 I use for auxiliary stuff. My main rotation and many other abilities are still on the KB, but I use the naga for shattering throw, the different charge macros I use, fishing hotkey, rocket pack, shoot/throw, etc. The mouse itself is an amazing mouse and the DPI settings are killer. The thing performs like a beast.

kungfugrip
07-27-2010, 09:17 AM
i don't know what that is? is it a mouse or something? or some like gamers seperate usb keypad thing? my net is going slow or i'd look it up (afghanistan still)

btw on a seperate note how come some people's avatars are bigger than mine but whenever i go to upload one it has to be 50x50? i'm a donor as well

Dreadski
07-27-2010, 09:19 AM
It's a special game pad, google N52e and you'll see.

drae
07-27-2010, 09:27 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtdJZ-vhESxvZ26nRYrzAXx7KB3znHZnIVidUYN7L975Q1dCg&t=1&usg=__bPVNR5n29IDMT-U9GNH7rNbV3JM=

Lore also featured one on the marmot one week. He uses the D pad Hat for abilities, I tend to use it for forward back and strafing. It lets me use one finger (thumb, which previously only used the space bar) for movement rather then 2-3. I can use those 2-3 for buttons to mash skills. The left side 3 buttons are shift and alt and PTT from bottom to top. The wheel is tab target / reverse tab target (which I rarely use, I click to target). That gives me 11 buttons to mash, plus 2 modifiers for a total of 33 keybinds in amazingly easy reach. The software is amazingly easy to figure out and write macros in (which I don't as I am afraid of Blizzard nailing me for illegal macros). The button above the hat is auto run.

Took me about a week of wiping in sarth 3d to get it down. Now I can't play without it. I've had it for a year and there is only a bit of wear on the devastate button. 11/10

I use the steel series MMO mouse, which is alright. I find the build quality isn't as high as it should've been; the finish is wearing off (and it's like a plastic sheet coating) which is irritating. The braided cord has worn through where the cord goes over the back of my desk, and as such it used to get caught till I stripped the braided sleeve off the cord. I've had it since Christmas. The "hat" buttons are more irritating then useful and as such they remain un-bound. The other side mount buttons aren't placed in as easy reach as I'd like. The "fins" on the side are irritating as hell. It took me about 15hrs of playing just to get used to moving the mouse. The software is a bit frustrating because I can't bind stuff the way I'd like so I just use bartender. All in all I wish I bought the mamba instead. (I prefer cordless mice) I'd grade it 5/10.

kungfugrip
07-27-2010, 09:46 AM
lol we need to move this into a diff thread we kinda hijacked it. post another one with that above post and we can chat about it cause i have some questions and stuff

Quinafoi
07-27-2010, 09:53 AM
This is for the benefit of everyone...

When should a macro be used instead of a unique keybinding?

1. When intelligent targeting is required.
This is the common healer macro syntax which may involve mouseover or not.

/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help,nodead] [@targettarget,help,nodead] [@player] Lifebloom
You want the macro to decide what to cast the ability, in this case Lifebloom on, based on the conditions. In this case, it will cast on your mouseover if it is friendly, your current target, the target of your current target (boss tank healing), and lastly yourself if none of the other conditions are met. The ability in question does not change, however because we want it to use some intelligence in how it determines what to target this is a good example of when to use a macro.

2. When intelligent ability selection is required.
The good example of this is the Charge/Intercept and Intervene case for a warrior. Functionally, these abilities serve a similar purpose, moving your character with some other effect. However, Charge/Intercept requires a hostile target, where as Intervene requires a friendly target. Because of this, we can write a macro with some intelligence to make a decision for us.

/cast [harm,nodead] Charge; [help,nodead] Intervene
This is an simplistic example. If you are targeting a hostile unit, you want it to Charge. If you are targeting a friendly unit you want it to Intervene. The ability is chosen based on your situation. The addition of a modifier to the macro to add the third ability, Intercept, is acceptable because the fact that is is already combined with Intervene and requires intelligent selection means it was already correct to use a macro to accomplish the task. Intelligence in choosing the ability also includes anything that may be a castsequence, the intelligence there is where you are in the order. On a different note, Intervene would in some ways also make sense to be combined with Vigilence as both these abilities can be used to lower threat of the target. Because of similarities between abilities we would group them together, but which similarlarities we decide are up to the individual.

3. When the macro is a script to serve a function, or involves a script.
A combinitation of script with a cast, this macro will cast Innervate but also whisper the target how much mana they will gain from Innervate (nice little macro for a druid while leveling so you always know how much mana you will gain from Innervate).

#showtooltip
/cast Innervate
/run local p,v p="player" v=math.floor((UnitPowerMax(p,0)-20-(UnitStat(p,4)-20)*15)*2.25) SendChatMessage("Innervated. "..v.." mana in 10s.","whisper",nil,UnitName("target"))
Another example of when a macro can be useful as just a script, my loot iteration macro (also posted in my TankSpot Blog (http://www.tankspot.com/entry.php?3299-Macroneering-Loot-Iteration)).

/run if GetNumRaidMembers()>0 then c="raid" j=0 for i=1,GetNumLootItems() do _,_,q=GetLootSlotInfo(i) if q>0 then if j==0 then SendChatMessage("==LOOT LIST==",c) j=1 end m=GetLootSlotLink(i) if q>1 then m=m.."x"..q end SendChatMessage(m,c) end end end

4. When using multiple abilities with a single key press.
The "oh <insert explicative> button" is a good example of this to pop all trinkets and survival abilities that aren't on the GCD (and possably one ability that is on the GCD) simultaneously so save your butt. Such as:

/use 13
/use 14
/cast Barkskin
/cast [stance:1,2] Survival Instincts; Dire Bear Form
/cast Lifeblood
Another good example of this is the Nature's Swiftness, which makes a non-instant ability instant. Because Nature's Swiftness itself doesn't activate the GCD, it can be combined with the ability you want to use with it such as:

/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Healing Touch

These are the four conditions in which using a macro is ideal. Generally speaking, if the only thing you are doing with a macro is adding additional abilities to it through the use of modifiers, that should be done with key bindings instead. In the cast of Intercept/Charge, since that could be grouped with Intervene and meet the second criteria (intelligent target selection), it is quite acceptable to use a modifier to add the additional ability.

kungfugrip
07-27-2010, 09:59 AM
When should a macro be used instead of a keybinding?
I take my macros, and put them on keybindings =D

Quinafoi
07-27-2010, 10:09 AM
I take my macros, and put them on keybindings =D

Yes. What I meant more by it is what type of things you would do with macros rather than giving them "unique" key bindings.

For example, you wouldn't bind "1" to Lifebloom on your mouseover and "2" to Lifebloom on your current target and "3" to Lifebloom on the target of target... You would create a macro to do the intelligent target selection for you instead of having multiple bindings. You would still need to assign the macro to at least one key bind, but you do not need to create 5 key binds to do one function. I'll correct the original post to include "unique" in the wording.

kungfugrip
07-27-2010, 10:11 AM
On indeed, yes that's what I do, I put all the situationals in one button/keybinding. /agree

Dreadski
07-27-2010, 10:51 AM
I think the only macros I have are mostly charge-related. I have one that does charge>else intercept, one that does the same plus taunt, one that includes intervene, and one that is charge/change stances and intercept (used to have a combat modifier when intercept required you to be in combat (liked that) and bloodrage put you in combat)

uglie
07-27-2010, 11:11 PM
ok thanx for the responses. I'm gathering that simple warrior macro's are a no-no unlike the DK's runestrike.

kungfugrip
07-28-2010, 02:31 AM
can a mod clean this up please, moved all the hardware and keybindings talk into another thread in the appropriate forum. thanks!

uglie, sorry to stray off topic

Dreadski
07-28-2010, 04:23 AM
can a mod clean this up please, moved all the hardware and keybindings talk into another thread in the appropriate forum. thanks!

uglie, sorry to stray off topic

You know, it's really on-topic because keybinds and hardware are directly related.

kungfugrip
07-28-2010, 04:36 AM
but this thread was about macros not keybindings haha i strayed to keybindings from the macros and then we all got off on this tangent haha

btw check the new thread i posted under the tech area

Dreadski
07-28-2010, 04:45 AM
(don't worry about it this thread will be buried in a few days anyway)

Dreadski
07-28-2010, 04:45 AM
(don't worry about it this thread will be buried in a few days anyway)

kungfugrip
08-03-2010, 03:25 AM
updated that focus macro from before

Griff
08-03-2010, 11:13 AM
I'm gathering that simple warrior macro's are a no-no unlike the DK's runestrike.

Not true actually. I use the 'dominos' toolbar mod and one of the features of it is that I can change my active toolbars with a single button. Thus, when I find myself in an endless rage situation, such as a boss. I active an alternate toolbar that's a clone of my primary (same bindings/layout, etc) except with heroic strike macroed onto my threat talents.

It cuts down on the tedious heroic strike spam requirements.