PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Need the help of a high dps hunter

Kraigue
07-26-2010, 04:51 PM
I have trying different gems and just can't seem to get my dps up. I was doing 6-8k dps in ICC with Arm Penn gems and MM spec. I seem to be only doing 5-7k dps in ICC with majority being agility, a couple Hit and a couple agility/crit combo both under MM and Survival spec. Would a hunter that is at a higher dps than what I am at please look at my gear on wow-heros.com, server is Eitrigg and Kraigue is the toon, and looking at my gear and stats tell me what I need to do to increase my dps. I know I have 1 weapon I need to replace, just waiting for it to drop, and need a new necklace, but I think the majority of my problem is in my gems. If you could let me know I would appreciate it.

kungfugrip
07-27-2010, 05:11 AM
I don't feel like looking up your character but basically just get the agi/crit meta, one +10 stats gem, then gem everything else +agility, ignoring socket bonuses. that's usually the generic setup but of course if you're trying to reach certain other stats you'd want to switch those out.

if you need hit and stuff there are trinkets/enchants for that

probably doesn't help much but like i said too much effort for me to look up your toon specifically

Shieldie
07-27-2010, 05:21 AM
Im not an experienced hunter, my hunter on live is only level 27, but on my ptr hunter in 245 gear Ive been able to pull a steady 6-7k dps depending on raid buffs in instances like tocrusader and ulduar. I think you (as you have even said) could benefit more from ArP. otherwise.. you can lose your hit gems and switch boots to icewalker chant.

For anyone who could offer advice better than mine. I took the liberty of finding his armory :P (please include it next time, just because people are willing to help doesnt mean they wanna go digging to find ya. and wowheroes isnt needed, an armorylink is more than enough)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eitrigg&cn=Kraigue here he is

Theotherone
07-27-2010, 06:55 AM
This is my hunter Wharfrat, he can pretty much hold his own with dps around 8 to 10k fully buffed in ICC 25 (give or take depending on the fight). http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Wharfrat When you compare Wharf to your hunter in wow-heroes you'll notice Wharf's ArPen is at 1268 (if I could ever win a roll on Deathbringer's Will I'd be hard capped), while you're at 575; you're not getting a lot from MM spec. With 575 ArPen your best bet would be Survival.

Also, you have three points in Focused Aim, but have 268 hit that's putting you way over on hit. Glyph of the Hawk is "meh" at best, I suggest Glyph of Chimera Shot. The Hermuki war token is a crappy hunter trinket (IMHO); I have it, but use Death Verdict instead.

If you go Sur Spec you should check the spreadsheet (actually you should check it anyway, it's great tool) at femaledwarf. com, depending on your gear stacking Agility might not help more then taking socket bonus'. Personally, in my Survival set I gem to the socket bonus's, but that's just me. I actually like Sur better then MM and will switch to it on fights like Surfang or Rottface.