PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Concussion Blow in threat rotation?

mistrale
07-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Hi

Have read all the guides out there including the ones on this forum, but im still a little unclear about the use (if any) of concussion blow in our threat rotation on single targets.

some guides/ discussions make no reference to it and advocate the usual SS/Rev/Dev/HS on dump rotation, and some other discussions do. From what i understand some people dont like CB in the rotation because it wastes a GCD. But on the other hand, it does seem to generate a lot of threat from the numbers ive seen.

So just wondering, is there any final resolution on this issue? so far ive tended to use it mainly situationally when i need to lock something down. not sure if i should be using it more often.

Dreadski
07-26-2010, 04:32 AM
No, it's been nerfed to the point of being pointless. Use Shockwave instead if you have the T10 2pc.

drae
07-26-2010, 05:00 AM
Conc blow used to be worthwhile, before they nerfed it by 50%. You are most likely reading old material if it advocates the use of conc. blow in your standard rotation.

Aggathon
07-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Well conq blow got halved in DPS, but they kept the threat the same. The REAL issue is that since revenge and shield slam got such huge threat buffs that they're not better for dps and in some cases TPS depending on gear leve and T102pc. I still use it at the begining of fights (mainly out of force of habit) and love the utility for things that can be stunned.

However, unfortunately, it probably should be taken out of the standard threat rotation.

Nez
07-26-2010, 08:16 AM
I use it for the stun, but that is about it. Even though once in a while I still hit it out of habit like Agg. lol

Dreadski
07-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Well conq blow got halved in DPS, but they kept the threat the same. The REAL issue is that since revenge and shield slam got such huge threat buffs that they're not better for dps and in some cases TPS depending on gear leve and T102pc. I still use it at the begining of fights (mainly out of force of habit) and love the utility for things that can be stunned.

However, unfortunately, it probably should be taken out of the standard threat rotation.

This is what I don't get. Conc blow never had any innate threat, it was all from damage from 3.0 on as far as I know, so if the threat was kept the same it would still make it a low-threat ability, no?

Aggathon
07-26-2010, 08:43 AM
No like the halfed the damage but doubled the threat to where it was at as if they hadn't changed the damage.

Dreadski
07-26-2010, 08:44 AM
Interesting...either way the only reason it was in the rotation anyway was because Xav was maxing his DPS early on and surmised that putting Conc blow in there on CD would provide better numbers....which it did. Taking away the damage took away the usefulness on bosses.