PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Old Republic

JollyWarrior
07-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Who among you are interested in this game?

KSta
07-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Will definitely give it a go, though I'm not impressed with the character animations I've seen so far. Just seeing the characters run around makes me cringe. That said, it looks like it's coming along nicely, and some of the features they've revealed recently look very exciting. Player ships, space combat etc. A bit sceptical as to how they're going to realize their vision of a fully voiced MMO though. 50 GB install? ;p

Krenian
07-28-2010, 06:55 AM
On one hand, it's Bioware: one of the best companies out there when it comes to RPGs and they really know what they're doing. It's a solid system and normally a great game.

On another hand..it's Star Wars, and i'm not a huge fan of the SW galaxy to be honest. I don't like futuristic stuff either so that doesn't help at all.

All and all, it's going to take the game to be tested by other people and telling me that it's absolutely mindblowing for me to test it out.

JollyWarrior
07-28-2010, 10:53 AM
@KSta, i agree. This game is forcing my hand to upgrade to a nicer computer than I would have otherwise. But fully voiced and 'choose' your own adventure quest style has me rather excited. I haven't paid the animation's any mind because they are still a year from release and I'm certain those are not finished.

@Krenian, I love the Star Wars Universe because it's not futuristic because it's a fantasy epic. but in space. Star Trek is futuristic. I get bored with Star Trek. Give Wookies a chance!