PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Advice

chrisod
07-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Hi have just started tanking on the whole dont feel i am doing so bad, mainly tanking only with guild mates to minimise the effect on pugs till i get more experience. I do seem to struggle on larger mobs particulary with multiple magic users like PoS going up the hill, also struggled with the iron dwarves in halls of stone.
Any advice welcome please

chrisod
07-24-2010, 07:19 AM
Also any advice on useful add ons for tanks would be appreciated

Martie
07-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Omen - threat meter.
Recount - combat log analizing. Shows you why you died.
Tidyplates - allows you to show different size nameplates for mobs you don't have threat on, very handy.
Some kind of boss mod - some fights are a lot easier to tank with some timers.
If you are a paladin, Pally Power - never worry about blessings again.

In halls of stone, you want to make carefull pulls.

Against multiple casters, you use an interrupt on one of them and drag him to the other. always mark one for first killing. If there's three or more, try to hit them all with AoE, but you can ignore one and use the two-mob tactic, taunts will help should you still lose aggro.
Remember - the vast majority of your defenses is against physical damage. This means that casters generally don't hit your groupmates all that hard, so unless they two or threeshot them, you can leave them on a dps for a little while.

In larger mobs it also helps a lot if you mark one of the mobs for first killing.

chrisod
07-24-2010, 08:00 AM
am a warrior by the way