PDA

View Full Version : Tanking DK Tank Help!

Tunth
07-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Hey all, I'm sure you guys get asked these questions all the time but here it is. This is my current armory

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&cn=Tunth
(ps I don't use that dodge trinket in Icc)

Now I have no problem with threat non in my 10 man Icc can pull off me or even come close. I guess what I just want to know is am I gemmed o.k and enchanted o.k? Also is my gear alright I no I still need a neck and the 264 bracers but other than that. I also have about 200 Frost saved up not to sure what to do with them the t10 just doesn't really seem like it would help me I have 2 tokens to upgrade them right away but still doesn't look they would help to much.

We just downed LK last night so I just want to make sure I'm going to be alright for Heroics modes. I'm a very competent tank and player. And probably should be a little farther progressed but my server just is a little lacking in the raiding side of things.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
P.s. I'm about to get Shadow edge so if you have any pointers on tanking with that please let me know.

Thanks a ton
Tunth- out

Goros
07-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Mostly, you look fine.

I would take the threat/parry off your gloves and swap it for 18stam, I would swap your boot enchant for Tuskarrs to get the movement speed (generally considered BIS enchant for boots regardless of class because it adds survivability).

I would swap your T10 Gloves for Gauntlets of the Kraken, and try to get the Boneguard Commanders Pauldrons off of Lootship 25 or Heroic Lootship 25.

As for your weapon, you don't need that defense from Stoneskin Gargoyle anymore, swap it for 4% Parry. If you have a chance at Oxheart Heroic off Dreamwalker or Ramaladni's off Heroic Saurfang, get it, both are upgrades over what you have now (for tanking, at least). Replace Corpse Tongue Coin (in ICC at least) with either the Black Heart or something that gives you more EH. As for your Sigil, the 245 Insolence is actually a better fit than what you are using now.

Tunth
07-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Alright I spent some time looking at your suggestions, I guess I just have a few questions.

For the T10 Gloves for Gauntlets of the Kraken swap: What about the issue of losing that much HIT when I'm already a little under hit cap as well? I understand the extra strength and extra gem slot is nice.

For the T10 shoulders Boneguard Commanders Pauldrons swap: I see that I gain a gem slot but with the change I would actually loss parry 8 parry (which is not much) but is it worth the 18 stam boost?

For the weapon enchant: I understand I don't need the defense but what about the stam buff % that comes along with it? The parry would be nice but worth giving up all that HP. (Would love a better weapon but does not seem like I'll find a heroic 25 man anytime soon. Server lacking)

For the trinket: I do replace the Coin with Juggernaut's Vitality in ICC.

For the sigil: Thanks I will swap it.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this I did just realize This was the incorrect forum to post this in. Sorry If I upset anyone.

Thanks
Tunth-Out

Byronius
07-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Losing the hit off the gloves isn't going to hurt you too bad. There's people who raid with <100 and tank heroic content. You can look for threat threads on here, and these will tell you that most of your threat is tied to rotation and technique, and that hit is really a secondary concern after maximizing survivability.

Also, 18 Stam > 8 Parry, especially in ICC. Definitely want the Stam.

Shadow's Edge can work fine for tanking, but H Oxheart, or H RBoC are nicer. Also, I've heard Bryntroll is a good choice, but don't necessarily take my word on that one.

Kazeyonoma
07-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Moved to HALP!