PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Halion 10m normal

pkninja
07-23-2010, 11:25 AM
I really need some solid advice on positioning him in the shadow world.

I currently just sit him there until the laser show starts then turn him so his head/tail line up with the lasers, and I'm a little in front of them. But that doesn't really work, as when the lasers come on they're usually intersecting his mid-section and people are getting breathed on/tail whipped.

Is there a certain place I should be between each laser show?

leethaxor
07-23-2010, 11:46 AM
My guild just keeps turning him lasers or not so you never get out of sink.
A.k.a
You keep the dragon positioned as if the lasers or on and were moving even if they arn't, so you are forcing the raid group to constantly dance. But this basically removes the beams from the equation.

pkninja
07-23-2010, 12:36 PM
I was doing that, but people were bitching on vent because they couldn't pull their leet dps :mad:

Kytana
07-23-2010, 12:56 PM
If you consistently rotate him on the center point, you and your raid will know exactly where the beams will be when they appear. There is no guessing, scrambling or close calls at that point. To make rotating him easier, i had totems dropped in the center of the room so i knew if i had him in the right spot. If i recall correctly, you only have to burn down 10mil hp in phase 2. BL then and it makes it quick.

Creelos
07-25-2010, 05:35 AM
I was doing that, but people were bitching on vent because they couldn't pull their leet dps :mad:

I also rotate him the entire time so the twilight cutter is always in the same relative position. We also keep melee in twilight and send the ranged back up to the "fire".

Calmly explain to your dps that this is not a dps race encounter and the way to succeed is to have pretty much even dps in both realms.

Corporeality (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=74826) - Halion takes and and does more damage in the realm he takes less damage in. At 0% and 100% Corporeality, Halion does and takes 400% extra damage in one of the realms, and no damage in the other

Mr.Winkle
07-25-2010, 07:59 AM
The other option is to turn him only when the beams come on, when they go off you stop, and they'll rotate just enough to be back in their starting postion again when they come on.

But tbh screw the DPS, its not a DPS race, on normal at least, more just about survival.

tedskinner
07-25-2010, 11:05 AM
The thing u are refering to is called the cutter it spins around the room you want to keep the boss and the cutter in an X shape so the melee on the sides don't get vaporized u can see the orbs rotating around the room in th background once the first cutter is cast u rotate the boss after that u stop cause the next cutter will resume where the last left off so you will just start SLOWLY rotating again. There is no need to rotate the boss in between the cutter. The OT will just stay outside during this phase to pick up the dragon in 3rd phase.

Dannyl
07-26-2010, 05:22 AM
The other option is to turn him only when the beams come on, when they go off you stop, and they'll rotate just enough to be back in their starting postion again when they come on.
This, in my mind, is the better and simpler solution. Once you know how to position the boss for the first cutter, the rest is easy because the ability is on a fixed timer. If the DPS and healers have an issue positioning, then they don't really understand the mechanic. The tank should position as close to the cutter as possible, which affords the DPS a ton of free space; basically just stay on the boss's flank, never too close to the front or tail and there should be no chance that the cutter will hit them, when it manifests.