PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Tanking Armory Critique

bluntobject
07-22-2010, 10:23 AM
What I'm looking for is a little polish on my tanking gear/spec/glyphs. I am in a 10 man raiding guild we are pretty much farming everything up to the Lich King and should down him in two weeks when our raid healers get back from vacation. I thought this break would be a good time to polish everything up and make some changes while I have some time to do so. I'm not having any issues that I know of, survivability seems fine and threat isn't an issue, but there is always room to improve

I have pretty much all 10 man normal mode gear avaliable to me and it really shouldn't be an issue for me to get a pug for the first four icc bosses and plauge wing. That being said I have been incredibly unlucky at getting the bracers from Saurfang, 20 kills no drops and our other tank will get the first pair (much bigger upgrade for her).

*Armory is in fury gear right now will be fixed tonight (7/23)
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ysera&cn=Bluntobject&gn=Casual+Jerks

Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Stoutale
07-22-2010, 11:00 AM
I would only make one change to your protection and drop the Improved Spell Reflection, then again I actually use Cleave, heroic strike, and Thunderclap alot to put it into Incite.

Harmacy
07-23-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm not having any issues that I know of, survivability seems fine and threat isn't an issue, but there is always room to improve

Let me just say, I LOVE this attitude!

You're currently saved in Fury gear, but your spec needs a little bit of work. You waste a lot of talent points in Imp Spell Reflection, Iron Will, Tactical Mastery, and Shield Spec.

Incite is one of the reasons that Deep Wounds is so good (for both single-target and AoE threat), and Imp Heroic Strike will lead to much better single-target threat.

Also, I think that speccing and glyphing Shield Wall would be a wise decision for a raiding tank.

So use something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LAM00fZhZMItrx0didIzsGo:cT

For the third glyph slot, Taunt or Last Stand would work, as would another threat glyph like Blocking or Vigilance even. Your call.

bluntobject
07-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Bah, forgot to swap gear after my morning barron rivendare run. I'll fix it tonight.

I honestly can't remember why I took points in spell reflect anymore, seems like was some gimmick for something, but it's obviously not useful anymore in ICC.

As far as dropping points out of sheild specialization should i expect any rage starvation issues? Seems like I might lose a lot of rage and not be able to keep HS up all the time. I really have no basis for this other than a gut feeling so if there are number to prove otherwise or I'm just not thinking straight feel free to correct me.

Harmacy
07-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Imp Heroic Strike is going to save you more rage than Shield Spec would generate. And besides, even with a lower HS uptime, Incite would generate more threat because of Impale/Deep Wounds.

Stoutale
07-26-2010, 05:27 AM
As far as dropping points out of sheild specialization should i expect any rage starvation issues? Seems like I might lose a lot of rage and not be able to keep HS up all the time. I really have no basis for this other than a gut feeling so if there are number to prove otherwise or I'm just not thinking straight feel free to correct me.

Yeah drop the Improved Spell Reflection, but I personally would keep the Shield Spec, that's just me, cause when you get a group of mobs on you your rage builds up alot faster then with the Improved Heroic Strike.

Then again that's just me.

Dreadski
07-26-2010, 05:31 AM
No reason to put points in tactical mastery or iron will. Put those 3 points into HS. Drop imp spell reflect for imp disciplines, and focused rage for incite. Throw out glyph of sunder for shield wall and bloodrage for charge. Gear and gemming are fine.

Aggathon
07-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Ya, the debate isn't really between imp HS or incite and shield spec, it's shield spec and focused rage. And with those it's kind of 6 of one half a dozen of the other. It comes down to this:

For rage EFFICIENCY, Focused rage is better when tanking 1 thing. For multiple targets shield spec is better and it's still decent rage regen. Some argue it's better because it's when you need it (aka you get lucky avoidance streaks and you get rage starved) or that rage isn't a problem anyways and so you might as well be able to block 3% more of the time. These are legitimate arguments and it comes down to playstyle. I personally clip the rage minimum for HS really close and find that focused rage is better for me, others say shield spec is better. Either point distribution won't get you killed (small caveat being H-Anub25 add tanking, but that spec is COMPLETELY different, and so is the gear setup).