PDA

View Full Version : Healing holy pally gear

rzrn1125
07-22-2010, 07:57 AM
i just got a mark from 25 man icc , now i dont know what to replace with my gear

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowmoon&cn=Smiterpally

chest and gloves are good candidates but i will lose out on gem slots if i replace them
or i could use the mark i got on the helm or shoulders

Dekar
07-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Upgrade your helm or shoulders to 264. As a holy pally you really only want to get the 2p bonus, and you have the right 2 pieces for that. The crafted legs, rot resistant breastplate and frost badge plate/mail or 25 festergut mail gloves are what you want to shoot for. The tier gloves and legs are trash (crit/mp5, eww) and the chest is crit/haste which is nice, but the 25 rotface chest that you have is much better.

Harmacy
07-23-2010, 09:36 AM
I agree with Dekar. I'd upgrade your helm, which is a very solid piece. Your chestpiece is very good, and the tier gloves/legs are not good pieces.

You also should look to replace Trauma and the Abacus trinket, neither is very good for a Holy Paladin because of the lack of mana. The weapon might be harder to get rid of (I'd rate 251 Lockjaw to be better though), but the trinket can easily be replaced by Talisman or Tears. You also have a couple pieces that are missing enchants.

rzrn1125
07-23-2010, 05:33 PM
would the quel delar sword be good for now till i can get my hands on a better healy main hand?

been trying for ages to get into a toc25 run for solace of the fallen

Dekar
07-23-2010, 05:55 PM
I was going to throw into my previous comment about your weapon and trinket but you weren't asking about those so I didn't include them. But Trauma is pretty bad for a holy pally, the proc is weak and the lack of stats on it isn't too great, leave that for the raid healers. Same goes for the trinket.

The Quel'Delar is a decent weapon, I used it on my pally until I got my wrathful weapon a few months ago.

And yes, I feel your pain about Solace, I've been trying to get one on my pally since ToC was released for pvp and pve but it's my alt so I have to pug it and it either gets ninja'd, doesn't drop or I lose the roll. Solace + heroic Solace are still BiS for holy pallys even into ICC 25 heroic.

pallyboi
07-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Upgrade your helm or shoulders to 264. As a holy pally you really only want to get the 2p bonus, and you have the right 2 pieces for that. The crafted legs, rot resistant breastplate and frost badge plate/mail or 25 festergut mail gloves are what you want to shoot for. The tier gloves and legs are trash (crit/mp5, eww) and the chest is crit/haste which is nice, but the 25 rotface chest that you have is much better.