PDA

View Full Version : DPS A little MM hunter help if you will pls

ygar
07-21-2010, 10:04 AM
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Staghelm&cn=Dorkins

First of all here is my armory page. Any constructive thoughts on gear and spec would be appreciated.

Now the reason I am posting is because I am having a slight dps meltdown. I am not getting past 5k which is stupid for my gear. I know my rotation is right. I have even just removed arcane shot from my main rotation as AS, SS and Auto are hitting harder now. Which I believe is the right way to go. I just seem to be losing a load of dps somewhere.

One thing is I haven't played this guy to his max in a while and I used to be damn good with him. Not sure what has happened lol.

Any help would be great.

swollenpickles
07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Gear wise there's nothing really standing out as shocking (besides the pvp belt). A couple of questions though. What are you measuring your dps on? What do you pull on a boss like Patchwerk or Festergut? Are you having lag problems? (I know my dps can get a bit ugly if I'm sharing my net connection with a couple of people and the lag gets out of hand). Are you moving around a lot and missing a lot of autoshots? (doing the stutter shot/scoot and shoot - whatever you want to call it - could help then).

Run the zigzug addon ( cant remember name) so you always get the most out of speccing into improved tracking.
Personally I'd ditch the Glyph of Kill Shot for something like Glyph of the Hawk.
Gear wise you should aim for 2 bits of T10 (set bonus is awesome).

Basic priority I use is kill shot, serpent sting, chimera shot, aimed shot, arcane shot (but i have 3 points in improved arcane shot) and steady shot until something higher up the priority order is ready. Rapid Fire and Readiness when they are available or when they are of most use (trinket procs/heroism). I also have silencing shot macro'd in to steady shot since it's not on GCD.

swollenpickles
07-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Zug zug hunter is the addon I referred to:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/zzhuntar.aspx

ygar
07-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Ok I am using autotrak2 at the mo. May switch it to see if this one is better.

I don't use arcane anymore as it is the bottom damage for me now. Auto , aimed and ss all doing more dps. Also changed 80% of my gems to arp to hit my soft cap. 12 over hard cap when trinket procs. Had a 1500 dps increase.

I am just getting my emblems together to get another piece of T10 to get the bonus and also to get rid of that damn pvp belt lol. Been trying to get that switched for ages.

Thanks for the input. Appreciated

ygar
07-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Sorry just thought when I said I dropped arcane that is only from my main rotation. I use it as a quick on the move shot. Helps. Also I have already got silencing shot macrod in on every shot as well as kill command. Keep the both up as often as possible.

Shortshooter
07-23-2010, 07:06 PM
You're Armor Penetration is very very low. You have excellent gear, but you need much higher arp. Yes, Needle is good but to only be able to do the damage you are wanting, you need to be soft capped.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Black+Dragonflight&cn=Shortshooter

My rotation is simple, Serpent Sting, Aimed Shot, Steady Shot, Chimera Shot, Steady, Steady. Some like to use Chimera 2nd, but you must think about the way it works, Chimera shot does damage based on the amount of damage SS has already done. Hope this helps

ygar
07-24-2010, 01:02 PM
I am soft caped. When my trinket process I have 1400 and change which is cap. Thanks for the feedback. My rotation is the same as yours now actuarially.

Would you suggest a change back to agi till I have more passive arp?

Shortshooter
07-25-2010, 10:09 AM
You aren't soft capped, soft cap is 1200, not 800 unless I've been told wrong since the beginning. This is a judgement call, if you have the gems and are willing to go back to agi then back to arp you're dps would increase but you will not be at the top of the dps charts. Personally since you are close and you need maybe 3-4 different pieces of gear I wouldnt.

Kromek
07-25-2010, 10:42 AM
your were told in 2 points wrong shortshooter:

- arp softcap is hardcap-trinket proc, so 1400- 678 =722 for the scorpion

- chimera does the damage that the serpent sting would do in its complete duration, no matter of when you fire it, so you can move it up ahead of the aimed shot, as you also want the improved steady shot procs to be used up by chimera not by aimed shot

Shortshooter
07-25-2010, 12:02 PM
The time spent while you are not proccing the needle is all low low low damage, how often do you see the needle proccing? In most encounters with ICC, I've seen the NeS proc maybe twice during each boss battle...for a grand total of 20 seconds of your best hardcore damage. It doesn't make sense and while it is helpful, it is constricting.

I will move the Chimera shot up in rotation to 2nd shot after SS though and see if my dps improves.

BTW what is the latest damage recount tool? I've been using recount and besides it being a memory hog, it always shows me doing 1k less than when others show what I am doing, maybe I don't have it configured properly IDK

ygar
07-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys. I moved aimed to third spot and had a slight decrease. So I would stick the way you are.

I have the same issue with my recount. Never reads the same as others. Anything better out there?

swollenpickles
07-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Don't forget that if you are measuring your DPS in ICC the buff has increased to 30% up from 25% in the last week or so, so that may also explain why your dps has gone up (unless you're measuring it on a dummy or something)

ygar
07-26-2010, 12:22 AM
I always measure increases from major changes on the dummies. For that reason. It is nice seeing the icc dps but not something to benchmark against.

swollenpickles
07-26-2010, 05:57 PM
I always measure increases from major changes on the dummies. For that reason. It is nice seeing the icc dps but not something to benchmark against.

That's good. I think quite a few people forget (or like to forget ;) ) that the ICC buff makes their DPS just that little bit more impressive.