PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Sometimes is difficult for me to keep aggro, may have I wrong something in my pala?

Theadan
07-19-2010, 01:09 AM
Hi, I'm new (so a little noob =P)
this is my protection paladin

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hakkar&cn=Kyielle

Sometimes is hard for me to keep aggro (specially in first boss of ICC)
Have any suggest on equipment/spec to give to me?
Thanks for any reply

(Great site ^^ )

Lumines
07-19-2010, 01:54 AM
Most threat issues are caused by incorrect or inefficient rotations rather than gearing. Do you have a log we could look at? Failing that, could you describe in detail what your rotation is?

Your talents and glyphs are fine. I'd change the Nightmare Tear in your helm for a 10 Agi/15 Stam gem, and I wouldn't use Corpse Tongue Coin (Glyph of Indomitability from Triumph badges is a good replacement). Do you have a Libram of Valiance? That's a solid threat boost while using SoV (i.e. boss fights), and can be well worth swapping the dodge libram for.

Otherwise, look to improve your rotation.

Theadan
07-19-2010, 02:31 AM
OH thank for the reply.
I try to explain my rotation (sorry for terrble english i came from Italy)

I start my rotation
divine plea (before pul)
a) Avenger's shield
b) Consecration
c) Hammer of the Righteous
d) Judgement of wisdom
e) holy shield
f) shield of the righteousness
and when end cooldown of consecration i repeat my rotation in this order of priority.

a, c, b, d, f, e (I think this is the priority after the first rotation)

when i have to aggro a Boss from another tank (example when the other tank have 3 stack of other situation)
I use
Hand of reckoning
Avenger's shield
Hammer of the Righteous
Consecration (not for icc 4th boss =P or beast go to me).

I have drop yesterday the Corpse tongue coin, You think that isn't better than glyph of indomability? That may be thrue... a costant armor bonus may be better than a bonus gained when my health goes under 35%. (even if my GS goes down XD )

May my hit is too poor? Is difficult to cap hit rating and expertise.

Btw thanks for your reply

Lumines
07-19-2010, 05:36 AM
I start my rotation
divine plea (before pul)
a) Avenger's shield
b) Consecration
c) Hammer of the Righteous
d) Judgement of wisdom
e) holy shield
f) shield of the righteousness
and when end cooldown of consecration i repeat my rotation in this order of priority.

a, c, b, d, f, e (I think this is the priority after the first rotation)

Your hit and expertise aren't causing your threat issues - your rotation is.

The maximum threat single target rotation (assuming unglyphed Avenger's Shield) which does not compromise Holy Shield or Judgements of the Just uptime is referred to as the 969 rotation. Treat HotR and ShoR as 6 second cooldowns, and treat Consecration, Judgement and Holy Shield as 9 second cooldowns.

Your rotation should alternate a 6 second cooldown with a 9 second cooldown indefinitely, with no gaps. You never "go back to the beginning", you just keep alternating a 6 second cooldown with a 9 second cooldown. For example:

HotR, Judgement, ShoR, Consecration, HotR, Holy Shield, ShoR, Judgement, HotR, Consecration, ShoR, Holy Shield, etc.

You'll use every GCD and your two highest threat abilities (HotR and ShoR) are being used as soon as their cooldown is up. You'll almost certainly lose threat from substituting Avenger's Shield (unglyphed) or Hammer of Wrath in for anything other than Holy Shield, so it's safer to only use AS on the pull or for add pick-up, and not to use HoW at all.

Yes, I'd use the Glyph of Indomitability instead of even the 277 Corpse Tongue Coin.

Theadan
07-19-2010, 05:56 AM
ok ^^
Thank you very much.

Exiledknight
07-19-2010, 07:54 AM
You'll use every GCD and your two highest threat abilities (HotR and ShoR) are being used as soon as their cooldown is up. You'll almost certainly lose threat from substituting Avenger's Shield (unglyphed) or Hammer of Wrath in for anything other than Holy Shield, so it's safer to only use AS on the pull or for add pick-up, and not to use HoW at all.

Do not even substitute for HS, as this could lead to a threat loss depending on RNG, however you are giving up a great mitigation ability for more threat which is always a big nono. In the content you are doing I would honestly swap out of the glyph of righteous defense and use the glyph of judgement, it is not a huge deal in any reg mode if a taunt misses as long you hit your other taunt immediatly, and the judgement glyph is a nice tps increase.